5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH
- Dow Chemical Co. Harrison, Sheena // Crain's Detroit Business;7/25/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p12
The article presents information about Midland, Michigan-based Dow Chemical Co. Stocks of the company, the largest chemical maker in the U.S., closed on July 15, 2005 at $47.52, a 21.6 percent increase over $39.07 one year before. In its first-quarter statement, the company attributed its growth...
- News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p2
Presents an update on the chemical industry as of July 15, 2002. Growth of the polystyrene market in 2002; Drop in the stock price trading of Andrx Corp.; Emergence of Dow Biocides in the global biocides market.
- Dow to Idle Latex Plant in Puerto Rico. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p15
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical to idle its Ucar Emulsion Systems latex plant in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Reason for the move; Implications; Information on the Bayamon plant.
- Dow Plans $315 MM Chloralkali Upgrade at Louisiana Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the plans of Dow Chemical Co. to upgrade its chloralkali manufacturing plant in Plaquemine, Louisiana. Increase of the chlorine capacity of the plant; Permit approvals filed by Dow Chemical; Advantages of the plant upgrade.
- ASIA-PACIFIC REPORT. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;04/03/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 14, p26
Reports the construction of a Dow Chemical Company latex plant in Zhangjiagang, China. Production capacity; Increase in China's demand for styrene-butadiene latex; China's consumption of latex in 1999. INSET: Asia in Brief.
- Dow expands cellulosics. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p2
Reports that the Dow Chemical Co. will be implementing a two-phase 20,000 metric-ton expansion of its Methocel methylcellulose and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose products. First phase of expansion project at Dow's Stade, Germany facility; Scheduled completion of the project by early 2006; Second...
- Dow to Site 'Replacement' Cracker at Seadrift. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p9
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. will build its planned replacement Gulf Coast cracker at Seadrift, Texas. Annual production capacity at the Seadrift plant; Dow's annual consumption of ethylene in North America; Company's plan to expand connections to Gulf Coast ethylene pipelines and storage...
- Debating the death of commodities. Joseph Chang // Chemical Market Reporter;5/23/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 21, p10
The article informs that signs of a slowdown in the economy and falling petrochemicals and plastics prices are raising concerns on Wall Street, sending commodity chemical share prices down even further from their March highs. With the rout in stocks in virtually all industrial sectors, there is...
- Friendly skies. Watson, Paul // BRW;07/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p14
Reports that Dow Chemicals of the United States is an early favorite to win the right to build a petrochemical plant in Western Australia. How they have been waiting for gas prices to fall on the West Coast; Dow's contact with State Government officials.