THE WEEK IN BRIEF
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p26
The article presents information on various news projects related to petrochemical industry, including plan to build methanol-to-olefins (MTO) plant by China's largest refiner Sinopec, expansion of solution styrene butadiene rubber (S-SBR) capacity in Schkopau, Germany by Styron, and sign of...
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/16/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 17, p21
The article offers news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including BASF SE expecting healthy cracker margins in 2011 second quarter, gasoline prices boosting the mixed xylene (MX) and toluene spot barge prices, and the Ethylen Pipeline Sud joint venture planning to appeal a court...
- BASF to invest $4 billion in China complex. // Chemical Week;4/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 13, p8
Reports on BASF's investment in a petrochemical complex in China. Letter of intent with China's Sinopec to set up BASF Yangzi; Features of complex.
- BASF to invest in new resin plant in China. // European Coatings Journal;2013, Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the 90 million investment of BASF for the establishment of a world-scale production plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai, China aimed for the production of high-performance resins and electrocoat (e-coat).
- It always pays to be prepared. Davis, Nigel; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/2/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p22
The article presents the current scenario of the petrochemicals industry where the companies are expected not to guess the time of the downturn, but instead be prepared for any eventuality and attempt to efficiently balance the demand with supply. Keeping the costs down to raise the profits bar...
- BASF is upbeat on Asia... // Chemical Week;1/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p8
Reports expectation of BASF company to get approval from Chinese authorities to proceed with its petrochemical project at Nanjing in 1998. How economic turmoil in Asia opens up opportunities for BASF.
- CW Conference: China Is a Hot Target for Chemical Projects. TATTUM, LYN // Chemical Week;9/5/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 22, p7
The article reports on the growth of the chemical industry in China, particularly Tianjin. Petrochemicals output in Tianjin is expected to double by the end of the country's 12th five-year plan which starts in 2011. The Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA) has great plans for...
- BASF and Sinopec To Build Petro JV. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;12/11/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 24, p1
Presents information on the joint venture between BASF company and the China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation to establish an integrated petrochemicals plant in Nanjing, China. Cost of the project; Equipment to be used in the site; Annual capacity of the plant.
- China: The Right (Petro)chemistry. List, Peter // Global Finance;Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the financing of petrochemical projects in China as of April 2001. Nanhai project, sponsored by Shell and China National Offshore Oil; Nanjing project, sponsored by BASF and Sinopec; Project sponsored by BP Amoco and Sinopec.