Online film successful in reducing certain HIV risk behaviors
- A validated stigma scale measures decreased HIV-related stigma among men in a Communitybased HIV prevention services program in rural Maharashtra, India. Dyalchand, Ashok // Retrovirology;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "A Validated Stigma Scale Measures Decreased HIV-Related Stigma Among Men in a Community-Based HIV Prevention Services Program in Rural Maharashtra, India," by Ashok Dyalchand is presented.
- Creating a supportive environment is very important to reduce STI, HIV/AIDS and infectious disease. Islam, SM Rezaul // Retrovirology;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "Creating a supportive environment is very important to reduce STI, HIV/AIDS and infectious disease," by S.M. Rezaul Islam is presented.
- Saying `no' to HIV prevention. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p339
Presents information on needle and syringe exchange programs. Information on the purposes of the programs; Comments from Donna Shalala, the secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS); Details on comments from Scott Hitt, chairman of the President's Advisory Council on Human Immunodeficiency...
- Designing Effective HIV Prevention Strategies for Female Street Sex Workers. El-Bassel, Nabila; Witte, Susan // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Aug98, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p599
Presents information on developing effective human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention programs for female street sex workers, highlighting interviews with two street sex workers. Common occurrences in the lives of street sex workers; What is ignored by most HIV programs; Interviews...
- Combination of Ritonavir and Saquinavir Reduces HIV Viral Load. Cohen, Calvin J. // American Family Physician;11/15/96, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p2288
Focuses on a results of multicenter, randomized study of 136 patients with human immunodefidiency virus (HIV) infection which indicate that the combination of two protease inhibitors, ritonavir & saquinavir, reduces the HIV viral load. How the study was conducted to patients.
- Couples and condoms. // Drug Topics;8/22/94, Vol. 138 Issue 16, p8
No abstract available.
- Progress in efforts to prevent the spread of HIV infection among youth. Moore, J.R.; Daily, L. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p678
Discusses a program launched by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in 1987 to help schools and other agencies that serve youth to provide effective health education to prevent the spread of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Percentage of persons reported with acquired immunodeficiency...
- Increasing the involvement of national and regional racial and ethnic minority organizations in... Holman, P.B.; Jenkins, W.C. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p687
Comments on a five year grant program initiated by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in 1988 of HIV prevention efforts by national racial and ethnic minority organizations and regional consortia of racial and ethnic minority organizations. Number of organizations receiving first year...
- Development and use of role model stories in a community level HIV risk reduction intervention. Corby, Nancy H.; Enguidanos, Susan M. // Public Health Reports;1996 Supplement, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p55
Describes a theory-based HIV prevention intervention implemented for the development and testing of a community-level intervention to reduce AIDS risk among historically underserved groups in the United States. Development of role model stories; Description of at-risk population; Increasing the...