A bibliometric analysis in the fields of preventive medicine, occupational and environmental medicine, epidemiology, and public health
- Changes in National Notifiable Diseases List and Data Presentation. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/10/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p9
Presents news related to disease control and prevention in the U.S. as of January 10, 2003. Modifications to tables of notifiable diseases in the U.S. as of January 1, 2003; Information on the course, Epi Info 2002: A Course for Teachers of Epidemiologic Computing during March 10-13, 2003;...
- ABOUT THE INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO THE MANAGEMENT OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE. Borisov, N. A. // FES: Finance, Economy, Strategy;Jan2013, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p40
This paper examines the state of health and preventive medicine in the Voronezh region and Russia. The author considers innovative approaches to the management of preventive medicine.
- Halk SaÄŸlÄ±ÄŸÄ± UzmanlÄ±k EÄŸitiminde Ã‡evre SaÄŸlÄ±ÄŸÄ± EÄŸitimi: Kavramsal Ã‡erÃ§eve. Babayiğit, Mustafa Alparslan; Vaizoğlu, Songül Acar; Evci, Didem; Tekbaş, Ömer Faruk; Güler, Çağatay // TAF Preventive Medicine Bulletin;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p621
The evaluation of human beings' interactions with their environment, interpretation and implementation of community preventive practices in the form of necessity increases the responsibility for public health professionals nowadays, when the human health effects of environmental impressions are...
- Conventional and molecular epidemiology of Tuberculosis in Manitoba. Blackwood, Kym S.; Al-Azem, Assaad; Elliott, Lawrence J.; Hershfield, Earl S.; Kabani, Amin M. // BMC Infectious Diseases;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p18
Background: To describe the demographic and geographic distribution of tuberculosis (TB) in Manitoba, thus determining risk factors associated with clustering and higher incidence rates in distinct subpopulations. Methods: Data from the Manitoba TB Registry was compiled to generate a database on...
- History's lessons. Seear, Michael // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;12/7/2004, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p1487
Discusses the lessons that can be learned by medical practitioners from the history in improving public health and epidemiology. Role of mass media in promoting public health; Importance of science in improving the health of poor people; Importance of proper hygiene on public health.
- The science and art of molecular epidemiology. Slattery, M. L. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Oct2002, p728
The article presents the issues that surround the growing field of molecular epidemiology. It mentions that the science of epidemiology entails using classic epidemiological methods to understand disease distribution in populations. It states that molecular epidemiology offers new opportunities...
- Epidemiology of human rabies in Turkey: 1992-2007. Buzgan, Turan; Irmak, Hasan; Yilmaz, Gül Ruhsar; Torunoğlu, Mehmet Ali; Safran, Ahmet // Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences;2009, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p591
Aim: Rabies continues to be a public health problem in Turkey; however, the number of reported cases has decreased in recent years and 1-2 cases of human rabies are reported annually to the Ministry of Health (MoH). Epidemiological and demographic features, clinical findings, and prophylaxis of...
- In Nonrandomized Studies, Can We Use A Person’s Preimmunization Experience to Help Gauge the Safety and Efficacy of Immunization? Weiss, Noel S.; Davis, Robert L. // American Journal of Epidemiology;Sep2002, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p395
The authors comment on the issue of whether to use a person's preimmunization experience to help gauge the safety and efficacy of immunization in nonrandomized studies. They believe that the validity of nonrandomized studies of the safety or efficacy of immunization rests on experts' ability to...
- Medical statistics and epidemiology - the early history. Schiøtz, Aina // Norsk Epidemiologi;Sep2015, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p3
No abstract available.