Family time, parental behaviour model and the initiation of smoking and alcohol use by ten-year-old children: an epidemiological study in Kaunas, Lithuania
- Relationships between lifestyle and motor fitness in early-school children. Podstawski, Robert; Skibniewska, Krystyna A.; Mroczkowska, Agnieszka // Polish Annals of Medicine / Rocznik Medyczny;Jan-Jul2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p21
Introduction: Motor fitness is considered as an individual health measure. Its impact on human organism is extremely important during the early school years due to the intensive child's growth at that time. Aim: The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between the health behavior of...
- Pull the plug. // Prevention;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p44
Reports that teens with a television in their room are twice as likely to smoke marijuana, 30 percent more likely to drink alcohol, and 50 percent more likely to be sexually active than kids without one. Survey conducted by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- BOOZE & babies. Brown, Emma-Charlotte // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);9/22/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 38, p74
Reports on a study by U.S. researchers about the effect alcohol consumption during pregnancy on a child's health. Effect on teenage growth rates; Risks of prenatal alcohol consumption.
- Alchohol Use And Its Co-Relates And Association With Lifestyle Diseases In An Tribal District Of Jharkhand:A Cross Sectional Survey. Hiremath, R. N.; Ghodke, Sandhya; Bhalla, S.; Sinha, S.; Choudhary, R. K.; Naskar, S.; Kumar, P. // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p10
An abstract of the article "Alchohol Use And Its Co-Relates And Association With Lifestyle Diseases In An Tribal District Of Jharkhand:A Cross Sectional Survey," by Sandhya Ghodke and colleagues is presented.
- Estimates of US Children Exposed to Alcohol Abuse and Dependence in the Family. Grant, Bridget F. // American Journal of Public Health;Jan2000, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p112
Objectives. This study sought to provide direct estimates of the number of US children younger than 18 years who are exposed to alcohol abuse or alcohol dependence in the family. Methods. Data were derived from the National Longitudinal Alcohol Epidemiologic Survey. Results. Approximately 1 in 4...
- Correlates of family competence in families with paternal alcohol abuse. Haugland, Bente S.; Havik, Odd E. // Psychological Reports;Dec98 Part 1, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p867
Explores factors correlated with family competence in families with paternal alcohol abuse. Socioeconomic status of the family as the strongest correlate of family competence; Severity of fathers' alcohol abuse; Relation of paternal alcohol abuse to dysfunctional patterns of family interaction...
- Alcohol's Evolving Impact on Individuals Families, and Society. Rehm, Jürgen; Hingson, Ralph // Alcohol Research: Current Reviews;2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p117
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the impact of alcohol consumption on public health as well as its burden of disease.
- Units of alcohol in South Africa. O'Mahony, Don // South African Family Practice;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p367
The article discusses the definition of standard drinks in South Africa, which is considered in chapter 8 of the third edition of the "Handbook of Family Medicine."
- Clarity begins at home for sober teens. // Grocer;5/21/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8005, p114
The author comments on a study which found that 61% of kids aged 15 to 17 who got drunk at home were given drinks by depraved enablers in their own family.