Child -- parent agreement on reports of disease, injury and pain
- Health and Safety in Day Care: Parental Knowledge. Rassin, Glennda M.; Beach, Patricia S.; McCormick, David P.; Niebuhr, Virginia N.; Weller, Susan // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1991, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p344
Because injuries and illnesses occur among children, even in licensed child care facilities, parents need to be aware of existing hazards. We developed a questionnaire to assess parental knowledge of 16 health and safety features in their child's care facility. These health and safety features...
- Measuring parent attributes and supervision behaviors relevant to child injury risk: examining the usefulness of questionnaire measures. Morrongiello, B. A.; House, K. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Apr2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p114
Objective: This study aimed to identify self report questionnaire measures of parent attributes and behaviors that have relevance for understanding injury risk among children 2-5 years of age, and test a new Parent Supervision Attributes Profile Questionnaire (PSAPQ) that was developed to...
- HAPPY DAYS. Behen, Madonna // Better Homes & Gardens;Sep2013, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p189
The article offers developments related to home management in the U.S. The topics discussed include ways of helping children adjust its weekday routine, the average numbers of children who experienced injuries from 2010 to 2011, and the results of the survey from the organization the National...
- Severe childhood burns in the Czech Republic: risk factors and prevention. Čelko, Alexander Martin; Grivna, Michal; Dáň;ová, Jana; Barss, Peter // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;May2009, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p374
Objective To assess risk factors for paediatric burn injuries in the Czech Republic and to suggest preventive measures. Methods This study included all children aged 0--16 years hospitalized during 1993--2000 at the Prague Burn Centre and data from the Czech Ministry of Health on national...
- A child an hour: burden of injury deaths among children under 5 in Pakistan. Razzak, Junaid A.; Khan, Uzma Rahim; Zia, Nukhba; Azam, Iqbal // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Nov2013, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p867
Background: Globally, more than 875 000 children under the age of 18 die due to injury every year. The rate of child injury death is 3.4 times higher in low-income and middle-income countries than in high-income countries. Objectives: To study injury mortality burden among children under the age...
- BANGLADESH HEALTH AND INJURY SURVEY (BHIS). // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Apr2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p74
The article focuses on the findings of the research entitled "Bangladesh Health and Injury Survey," which documents the extent of the burden of injury in Bangladesh. The survey revealed a previously unrecognized epidemic of child injury and calls for a new emphasis on child health and survival...
- How to Treat a Cut. Coutts, Cherylann // Parenting;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p30
Presents tips on treating cuts in children. Wound inspection; How to stop the bleeding; Prevention of infection.
- Backpack Injuries. // Pediatrics for Parents;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the back-pain among children caused by heavy load of back-packs full of books. Effects of backpack injury on the health of children; Percentage of children prone to backpack injury as per the report of a study in the U.S.
- Poor children injured more in informal care. Morton, Katy // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/7/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 4201, p5
The article reports on the results of a study which showed that children from poor families have the greater possibility of sustaining accidental injuries while in informal childcare.