Health-related quality of life in diabetic patients and controls without diabetes in refugee camps in the Gaza strip: a cross-sectional study
- Rootless in Gaza. // Time;6/7/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 23, p46
The article features the Gaza Strip. It notes that the 25-mile-long seaside of formerly Egyptian-run territory is more crowded with problems than any other area occupied by Israel in the Middle East war. It states that some 60% of its 350,000 inhabitants are refugees living in eight refugee...
- What I saw in Jabaliya. Omer, Mohammed // New Statesman;3/10/2008, Vol. 137 Issue 4887, p20
A personal narrative is presented in which the author describes his observation of conditions in the Jabaliya refugee camp, Gaza, following an attack on the area by the Israeli Defense Force.
- Israeli Air Force Strikes Gaza in Two Waves After 10 Palestinian Rockets Hit Israel. // Israel Faxx;4/21/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 82W, p4
The article reports that Israeli Air Force had attacked Nuseirat refugee camp in Gaza City, Palestine after the rocket by Palestinians.
- Eyewitness in Gaza. Rapoport, L. // Commentary;Aug88, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the situation in Jebaliya, a refugee camp in Israeli-occupied Palestinian Gaza. Experience of the Israeli army; Children fighting in the Arab army; View of the media; Palestinian uprising.
- Intifada slides toward war. Gaouette, Nicole // Christian Science Monitor;4/12/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 96, p6
Discusses the outlook for the Arab-Israeli conflict, in light of the attack by Israeli forces on a Palestinian refugee camp in Gaza. Handling of the situation by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon; Comparison of the conflict to other conflicts in Middle Eastern history; Outlook for war in the...
- The women who would die for Allah. Jordan, Sandra // New Statesman;1/14/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4570, p32
Reports that Osama Helless was killed by Israeli forces when he shot an Israeli settler in Gaza. Status awarded to anyone who dies attacking Israel; Number of deaths caused by the intifada; Number of people in Gaza who live in refugee camps; Percentage of women who work outside the home.
- ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);8/17/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5156, p16
The article reports that two Palestinians were killed by Israeli troops and a child was injured during the raid in the Gaza Strip on August 16, 2011. It mentions that the victim was identified as 22-year old Mohammed al-Majdalali who approached the border of Maghazi's refugee camp. It adds that...
- LEBANON-PALESTINIANS-FATAH. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);3/12/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4808, p4
The article reports on the rejection of Munir al-Makdah, leader of the Armed Forces police inside the 12 Palestinian refugee camp on Fatah's offer to transfer to another country. Makdah was dismissed from his position under the new leadership due to the mistakes he made on the recent clashes in...
- Despite Scarce Resources, Gaza Offers Refuge to Palestinians From Yarmouk. Bailey, Pam // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p14
The article describes the conditions of the more than 140,000 Palestinians who had fled from the Yarmouk camp of Syria and found refuge in Gaza. Topics discussed include the civil war that forced these refugees out of Yarmouk, the starving residents who remain in Yarmouk, and the accommodation...