Relationship between ozone and temperature during the 2003 heat wave in France: consequences for health data analysis
- Earth. Mullen, Kris // Boys' Life;Dec95, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p12
Discusses the hole in the ozone layer. Good news; Damage caused by chlorofluorocarbons; National Aeronautics & Space Administration satellite; Warnings by Scientists; Breathing trouble; Send more water; Other relevant information. INSET: How you can help clean the air..
- Rules and Regulations: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/4/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 42, p12077
The article offers information on several notices from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Topics discussed include final rules on the approval and promulgation of several state implementation plans in the U.S. including the miscellaneous revision of the state implementation plan in...
- Drivers of the Recent Tropical Expansion in the Southern Hemisphere: Changing SSTs or Ozone Depletion? Waugh, Darryn W.; Garfinkel, Chaim I.; Polvani, Lorenzo M. // Journal of Climate;Aug2015, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p6581
Observational evidence indicates that the southern edge of the Hadley cell (HC) has shifted southward during austral summer in recent decades. However, there is no consensus on the cause of this shift, with several studies reaching opposite conclusions as to the relative role of changes in sea...
- Algal gloom. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;08/08/98, Vol. 159 Issue 2146, p24
Discusses the impact of holes in the ozone layer on plankton in the Arctic and Southern oceans. The high sensitivity of the reproductive cells of plankton, compared to mature cells; How the ozone holes may seriously stunt the growth of marine plankton, the base of the ocean's food chain; Study...
- Results of surface ozone monitoring in the atmosphere over Ulan-Ude. Zayakhanov, A.; Zhamsueva, G.; Tsydypov, V.; Bal'zhanov, T. // Russian Meteorology & Hydrology;Dec2013, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p846
Presented are the results of surface ozone monitoring in the atmosphere over Ulan-Ude during the period from 2000 to 2012. Revealed are seasonal and diurnal variations of surface ozone. The analysis of the seasonal variability of surface ozone concentration indicates the presence of the clearly...
- Court Rejects Beaumont Ozone Plan. // Chemical Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit's rejection of an implementation plan approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for meeting ground-level ozone standards in Texas. Details of the standards; Complaints from Texas officials.
- Pole Watchers. Leifert, Harvey // Natural History;Feb2012, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses a report by researcher Birgit Hassler showing that ozone depletion rates have stabilized since 2000, which Hassler attributes to the implementation of the Montreal Protocol in 1987 limiting chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and other ozone-depleting substances.
- Environmental Steward. // Private Label Buyer;Sep2008, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the effort of the Supervalu Inc. in playing an active role in the Sustainability Task Force and Energy and Technical Services Committee of Food Marketing Institute. Accordingly, the company also operates more than 100 Energy Star stores and joined the U.S. Environmental...
- Multiple regression analysis in modeling of columnar ozone in Peninsular Malaysia. Tan, K.; Lim, H.; Mat Jafri, M. // Environmental Science & Pollution Research;Jun2014, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p7567
This study aimed to predict monthly columnar ozone (O) in Peninsular Malaysia by using data on the concentration of environmental pollutants. Data (2003-2008) on five atmospheric pollutant gases (CO, O, CH, NO, and HO vapor) retrieved from the satellite Scanning Imaging Absorption Spectrometer...