Racial/Ethnic and social class differences in preventive care practices among persons with diabetes
- ENHANCING HEALTH EDUCATION BY INCLUDING CHOICE EDUCATION INTERVENTION AND THE THEORY OF CHOICE INTO THE TEACHING PLAN. Fomby-White, Betty // Race, Gender & Class;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3/4, p298
An important role for all health educators is to positively influencing the health behavior of individuals and communities as well as the living conditions that influence their health. Yet many health educators have found that despite their many efforts to educate individuals and communities to...
- Unworried but at Risk. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/26/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p38
Reports on the study conducted by the United States Centers for Disease Control & Prevention which found that diabetes rose six percent among adults in 1999.
- Healthy People 2010: Diabetes. Vinicor, Frank; Burton, Ben; Foster, Bill; Eastman, Richard // Diabetes Care;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p853
Reviews the report `HP 2010: Understanding and Improving Health,' released by the United States Department of Health together with the Department of Education and Department of Welfare. Diabetes awareness campaign of the government; Background of the report; Importance of the report.
- Excess Physical Limitations Among Adults With Diabetes in the U.S. Population, 1997-1999. Ryerson, Blythe; Tierney, Edward F.; Thompson, Theodore J.; Engelgau, Michael M.; Wang, Jing; Gregg, Edward W.; Geiss, Linda S. // Diabetes Care;Jan2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p206
OBJECTIVE To estimate the prevalence of physical limitations associated with diabetes among U.S. adults â‰¤18 years of age. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS â€” We conducted a cross-sectional analysis of the association between diabetes status and physical limitations using the 1997-1999...
- Diabetes reaches epidemic levels. // New York Amsterdam News;07/27/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 30, p15
Reports the growing epidemic of diabetes in the United States. Common forms of diabetes; Ways to control diabetes; Risk factors contributing to the diabetes epidemic; Hispanic Americans as the most prone to suffer from the disease.
- News & Notes. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p192
Presents news briefs related to public health in the U.S. as of April 2002. Summary of a report from the Institute of Medicine regarding the quality of health care received by minority groups in the U.S.; Statistics on the prevalence of chronic disease in the U.S. released by the Centers for...
- TO THE EDITOR. // FDA Consumer;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p3
Presents views from consumers concerning health issues in the United States. Information on breast cancer; Statistics on the population of Type 1 diabetes patients.
- March 2015 Texas Medicine: Inbox. McCraw, Ronald K.; Schlenker, Thomas // Texas Medicine;Mar2015, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Feeling the Pain" and "Focus on Prevention, Population Health," by Levin and colleagues in the January 2015 issue.
- Proposed Bush budget favors NIH. Ready, Tinker // Nature Medicine;Jun2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p644
Focuses on the budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush for the National Institutes of Health in the United States. Controversies regarding the government funding for research and development projects; Reasons for support for medical-research funding by the government.