Beyond inpatient and outpatient care: alternative model for hypertension management
- Mismanaged measures. // Nature;4/3/2008, Vol. 452 Issue 7187, p504
The article discusses the effectiveness of using surrogate devices in monitoring diseases. Surrogate markers are the indirect measures of treating diseases in the clinical trial. This practice will allow the researchers to conduct easy and rapid measurements. However, clinical trials found out...
- Joint UK societies' 2014 consensus statement on renal denervation for resistant hypertension. Lobo, Melvin D.; de Belder, Mark A.; Cleveland, Trevor; Collier, David; Dasgupta, Indranil; Deanfield, John; Kapil, Vikas; Knight, Charles; Matson, Matthew; Moss, Jonathan; Paton, Julian F. R.; Poulter, Neil; Simpson, Iain; Williams, Bryan; Caulfield, Mark J. // Heart;Jan2015, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p10
Resistant hypertension continues to pose a major challenge to clinicians worldwide and has serious implications for patients who are at increased risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality with this diagnosis. Pharmacological therapy for resistant hypertension follows guidelines-based...
- Noteworthy. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p15
The article presents several medical research in the U.S. Switching to decaf may help patients with type 2 diabetes control their blood glucose levels. A new study from Pharmacopeia Inc. suggests that the ten most prescribed medications in the country are commonly confused with other similarly...
- Arterial hypertension management with conversion enzyme inhibitors in hemodialysis patients. Costea, Andreea-Cristina; Costea, D. O.; David, Cristiana; Grasa, C. N. // Journal of Medicine & Life;Jan-Mar2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p67
By establishing the renal suppletion procedure, the patients with chronic renal failure also have an acceleration of arterial hypertension phenomena. The management of this situation calls for the understanding of the ethological mechanisms (hypervolemia by the reduction of Na excretion and high...
- Five year follow-up effects of treatment of mild and moderate hypertension. Trafford, J.A.P.; Horn, C.R.; O'Neal, H.; McGonigle, R.; Halford-Maw, L.; Evans, R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/4/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6270, p1111
Discusses the effects of hypertension treatment. Classification of patients with hypertension; Prevalence of mortality and morbidity on untreated patients; Justification of age-and-sex matched hypertension control by reduction morbidity; Benefits of control.
- Hypertensive men don't live as long as normotensives, despite treatment. // Modern Medicine;Nov98, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p25
Presents an abstract of the study `Survival in Treated Hypertension: Follow Up Study after Two Decades,' by O. K. Andersson, A. Almgren, B. Persson et al, published in the July 18, 1998 issue of `British Medical Journal.'
- Impact of functional status at six months on long term survival in patients with ischaemic stroke: prospective cohort studies. Slot, Karsten Bruins; Berge, Eivind; Dorman, Paul; Lewis, Steff; Dennis, Martin; Sandercock, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/16/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7640, p376
Objective To estimate the impact on long term survival of functional status at six months after ischaemic stroke. Design Prospective cohort study. Settings Three cohorts: Oxfordshire community stroke project, Lothian stroke register, and the first international stroke trial (in the United...
- Nurses have a role to play in public education on hypertension. // Canadian Nurse;Apr2007, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the role being played by nurses in educating the public on hypertension. It states that nurses have the knowledge, skills and caring in the management of hypertension. It mentions that the "2007 Public Recommendations" created by Blood Pressure Canada is expected to aid...
- Renin inhibitors cause fewer side-effects. // Pulse;3/9/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p8
The article presents a study which reveals that patients with hypertension suffer peripheral oedema as a side effect of renin inhibitors.