Psychometric evaluation of a short measure of social capital at work
- Self-Rated Health as a Predictor of Disability Retirement - The Contribution of Ill-Health and Working Conditions. Pietiläinen, Olli; Laaksonen, Mikko; Rahkonen, Ossi; Lahelma, Eero // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
Objective: Self-rated health is a generic health indicator predicting mortality, many diseases, and need for care. We examined self-rated health as a predictor of subsequent disability retirement, and ill-health and working conditions as potential explanations for the association. Methods:...
- Cliques disturb my working life. Jones, Ray // Community Care;10/9/2008, Issue 1742, p34
The article provides an answer to a question of dealing with groups at work.
- Vision and overarching guidelines for good health on equal terms. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;2001 Supplement 57, Vol. 29 Issue s57, p17
Presents vision and overreaching guidelines for good health by the National Public Health Committee in Sweden. Enhancement of the social capital; Improvement of working conditions Creation of satisfactory physical environment.
- Demystifying ISO 9001: 2000. Ketola, Jeanne; Roberts, Kathy // Quality Progress;Oct2001, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p44
Part II. Focuses on the provision of resources, Section 6.3 on infrastructure and Section 6.4 on work environment. Definition of resources; Continual improvement and customer satisfaction enhancement; Infrastructure and work environment; Resource requirements for the work environment.
- From the Desk of the Editor-in-Chief. Pattanayak, Biswajeet // ASBM Journal of Management;Jan-Jun2017, Vol. 10 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including working environment of business enterprises, entertainment technology changing with shift towards technology based mobile games and how infrastructure is the focus of development in India
- Prevalence and Risk Factors for Vitamin C Deficiency in North and South India: A Two Centre Population Based Study in People Aged 60 Years and Over. Ravindran, Ravilla D.; Vashist, Praveen; Gupta, Sanjeev K.; Young, Ian S.; Maraini, Giovanni; Camparini, Monica; Jayanthi, R.; John, Neena; Fitzpatrick, Kathryn E.; Chakravarthy, Usha; Ravilla, Thulasiraj D.; Fletcher, Astrid E. // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p1
Background: Studies from the UK and North America have reported vitamin C deficiency in around 1 in 5 men and 1 in 9 women in low income groups. There are few data on vitamin C deficiency in resource poor countries. Objectives: To investigate the prevalence of vitamin C deficiency in India....
- Time trends in incidence of myocardial infarction in male and female dominated occupations in Stockholm, Sweden. Östlin, Piroska; Klerdal, Kristina; Hammar, Niklas // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jul2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p546
Aims: To investigate time trends in first acute myocardial infarction (MI) incidence in male and female dominated occupations in Stockholm during 1977-1996. Methods: Population-based case-control study, where all first events of acute MI among participants aged 40-69 in Stockholm 1977-1996 were...
- Not all coping strategies are created equal: a mixed methods study exploring physicians self reported coping strategies. Lemaire, Jane B.; Wallace, Jean E. // BMC Health Services Research;2010, Vol. 10, p208
Background: Physicians experience workplace stress and draw on different coping strategies. The primary goal of this paper is to use interview data to explore physicians' self reported coping strategies. In addition, questionnaire data is utilized to explore the degree to which the coping...
- A collaborative prototype designed to support an organizational workplace. MIRCEA, G.; BĂZĂVAN, S. // WSEAS Transaction on Systems;Nov2012, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p638
In this paper we present a prototype of a collaborative tool that provides shared documents between users of a group, with the possibility of editing and comparing multiple drafts of the document. In order to prove its effectiveness, the collaboration must be associated with a proper software...