Evolution of vaccination rates after the implementation of a free systematic pneumococcal vaccination in Catalonian older adults: 4-years follow-up
- Curbing a bacterial menace. Foster, Stephan L. // Pharmacy Today;Aug2010 Supplement, p5
In this article, the author offers his views on the role played by pharmacists in addressing the pneumococcal immunization gap and reducing the impact of this virulent bacterial threat in the U.S. He believes that pharmacists are in the best position to help increase pneumococcal vaccine uptake...
- Vaccination delivery by chain pharmacies in California: Results of a 2007 survey. Pilisuk, Tammy; Goad, Jeffery; Backer, Howard // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p134
Objective: To better understand the practice standards and scope of pharmacist-administered vaccination services at chain pharmacies in California. Design: Cross sectional. Setting: California in 2006-2007. Participants: Eight state-level immunization coordinator corporate liaisons to chain...
- Protecting against invasive pneumococcal disease: Be wise--immunize! Squires, Susan G.; Spika, John S. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/06/98, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p826
Discusses invasive pneumococcal pneumonia. Characteristics; Treatment choices; Recommendations from the Canadian Immunization Guide; Introduction of pneumococcal vaccination programs for high-risk groups in Canada.
- Revaccinate against pneumococcal disease? Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;11/30/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p90
Reports that older adults who received the 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine six or more years ago may need revaccination. Antibody determinations; Antibody levels against one third of the pneumococcal serotypes.
- Pneumococcal vaccine encore? M.O.R. // Cortlandt Forum;2/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p112
Responds to queries on administering pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. Age of vaccine administration; Recommendations for revaccination.
- Conjugate Pneumococcal Vaccines: Need and Choice in India. Malik, Akash // Indian Journal of Community Medicine;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p189
The authors reflect on the capability of pneumococcal vaccines as a public health tool to reduce the burden of pneumococcal diseases in developing countries including India. They discuss topics such as the common risk factors leading to the development of pneumonia, the interventions targeted on...
- Erratum. // Drugs;2012, Vol. 72 Issue 16, p2176
A correction to the article "Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine (13-Valent, Adsorbed): In Older Adults" that was published in the June 2012 issue is presented.
- New vaccines for the prevention of pneumococcal infections. Kayhty, Helena; Eskola, Juhani // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Oct-Dec96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p289
Provides information on the capsular polysaccharide vaccine, a vaccine used in the prevention of pneumococcal infections. Properties of the pathogenic bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae (Pnc); Characteristics of pneumococcal protein vaccine candidates; Results from preclinical and clinical...
- Infant Vaccine Helps Seniors, Too. // AARC Times;Oct2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p79
The article discusses a Vanderbilt University research report published in the July 11, 2013 issue of "The New England Journal of Medicine" regarding the benefits of the infant vaccine against pneumococcal bacteria on older adults.