Impaired psychological recovery in the elderly after the Niigata-Chuetsu Earthquake in Japan:a population-based study
- The psychological impact of a dual-disaster caused by earthquakes and radioactive contamination in Ichinoseki after the great East Japan earthquake. Tomihisa Niitsu; Kota Takaoka; Saho Uemura; Akiko Kono; Akihiko Saito; Norito Kawakami; Michiko Nakazato; Eiji Shimizu // BMC Research Notes;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Background The psychological impact of dual-disasters (earthquakes and a nuclear accident), on affected communities is unknown. This study investigated the impact of a dual-disaster (earthquakes and radioactive contamination) on the prevalence of psychological distress in a landlocked city...
- A Recent Application of the ETAS Model and a Proposed Method for Prediction of Strong Aftershocks. Liu, W. B.; Ma, L. // Pure & Applied Geophysics;Nov2006, Vol. 163 Issue 11/12, p2513
In this paper, 28 aftershock sequences are selected, which are distributed in different areas including north China, southwest of China, northwest of China, Taiwan area, Turkey and Greece. In order to investigate the characteristics of these sequences along with different temporal and spatial...
- Tobacco cessation, oral pain, and psychological distress in Bangladeshi women. H., Pau A. K.; R., Croucher; W., Marcenes; R., Rahman; S., Shajahan // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Jun2003, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p419
This study reports the experience of oral pain and psychological distress following tobacco cessation in Bangladeshi women. A cross-sectional survey was carried out in which telephone interviews were conducted in the Sylheti language by two female Bangladeshi researchers using structured...
- Alcohol use and spousal mental distress in a population sample: the nord-trÃ¸ndelag health study. Rognmo, Kamilla; Torvik, Fartein Ask; Røysamb, Espen; Tambs, Kristian // BMC Public Health;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: It is a widely held notion that alcohol abuse is related to mental distress in the spouse. Research has substantiated this notion by showing a tendency for spouses of alcohol abusers to experience more mental distress than spouses of non-abusers. However, the picture seems to be more...
- Haiti. // AirGuide Online.com;1/25/2010, p4
The article reports on the death toll of the earthquake tragedy in Haiti as revealed by the Haitian government.
- Aftershock raises fear in Haiti. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;1/21/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the earthquake aftershock in Haiti, which occurred on January 20, 2010, that caused another panic to residents.
- THE QUAKE'S BITTER TOLL. // National Catholic Reporter;2/5/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the estimated number of dead people in the earthquake to range from a low of 150,000 as revealed by the government in Haiti.
- Looking toward Phase II. Melady, Thomas Patrick // National Catholic Reporter;2/5/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p8
The article focuses on the reflection on the earthquake damages including the destruction of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption for God, and the death of priests and seminarians in Haiti.
- Chile. // AirGuide Business;3/1/2010, p8
The article reports on the destruction caused by the massive earthquake in Chile.