Knowledge of vitamin D and perceptions and attitudes toward sunlight among Chinese middle-aged and elderly women: a population survey in Hong Kong
- Vitamin D Needed for Muscles as Well as Bone. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
Talks about the benefits of vitamin D supplementation in improving the muscle strength of older people in the U.S.
- ACC pushes hard on vitamin D for elderly. McMillan, Virginia // New Zealand Doctor;2/10/2010, p5
The article reports that the agency of New Zealand for aged and community care is requesting general practitioners in February 2010 to prescribe vitamin D supplements to elderly people who are under residential care.
- New vitamin D recommendations for older men and women. // Hem/Onc Today;6/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p71
The article focuses on the position statement released by the International Osteoporosis Foundation concerning its vitamin D recommendations for elderly men and women aged 60 years and older.
- New vitamin D recommendations issued for older men and women. Brannon, Matthew // Endocrine Today;Jun2010 Supplement, Vol. 8, p28
The article focuses on the position statement issue by the International Osteoporosis Foundation on vitamin D administration in elderly men and women aged 60 years and above.
- Does vitamin D decrease fractures? // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;6/24/96, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the findings of a study from the Netherlands establishing no correlation between a decrease in vitamin D supplementation and incidence of bone fractures in the elderly. Number of elderly persons studied; Average calcium intake for the subjects; Comparison to the result of previous trials.
- Response to vitamin D and depression in geriatric primary care patients. Muc-Wierzgoń, Małgorzata; Nowakowska-Zajdel, Ewa; Klakla, Katarzyna; Dzięgielewska-Gęsiak, Sylwia; Fatyga, Edyta; Kokot, Teresa // Clinical Interventions in Aging;2013, Vol. 8, p825
A letter to the editor commenting on the article "Vitamin D and Depression in Geriatric Primary Care Patients," by researcher Maria Lapid and colleagues in a issue of "Clinical Interventions in Aging" is presented.
- Authors' reply. Lapid, Maria I.; Cha, Stephen S.; Takahashi, Paul Y. // Clinical Interventions in Aging;2013, Vol. 8, p827
A letter to the editor by authors on comments made on their article "Vitamin D and Depression in Geriatric Primary Care Patients" by researcher Teresa Kokot and colleagues is presented.
- Control over future health in old age: Characteristics of believers and skeptics. Campbell, A. John; Busby, Wendy J. // Age & Ageing;May95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p204
Investigates factors which characterize New Zealand elderly people who felt they had a great deal of control and those who felt they had little or no control over future health. Prevalence of old-age diseases in aged who feel in control; Bowel function; Protein intake; Participation in strenuous...
- Over to you. // New Internationalist;Feb95, Issue 264, p11
Presents written responses from readers on their thoughts on age and aging. Problems confronting the aged; Need for the aged to maintain an interest in life.