Acute symptoms related to air pollution in urban areas: a study protocol
- An Analogy on Assessment of Urban Air Pollution in Turkey Over the Turn of the Millennium (1992—2001). Özdilek, Hasan Göksel // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Nov2006, Vol. 122 Issue 1-3, p203
Rapid industrialization and urbanization in Turkey, especially over the last twenty five years, has provided better living standards to its residents, but it also caused a decrease in environmental quality. In late 1970's, air quality monitoring activities were started in some major cities by...
- Comparison of Trace Metals Concentration in PM10 of Different Locations of Lucknow City, India. Sharma, K.; Singh, R.; Barman, S. C.; Mishra, D.; Kumar, R.; Negi, M. P. S.; Mandal, S. K.; Kisku, G. C.; Khan, A. H.; Kidwai, M. M.; Bhargava, S. K. // Bulletin of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Sep2006, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p419
No abstract available.
- Evaluating the Effects of Air Pollution on Sensitive Subjects. Shy, Carl M.; Muller, Keith E. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1980, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p680
The article reflects on the paper "Asthma and air pollution in the Los Angeles Area," by A. S. Whittemore and E. L. Korn. It emphasizes the importance of the study particularly in evaluating the impact of air pollution on the health of individuals sensitive to it. It mentions the strategy...
- Shipping pollution kills 60,000 every year. // New Scientist;11/17/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 2630, p7
The article discusses research led by James Corbett of the University of Delaware, Newark which found that soot emissions from the shipping industry kill at least 60,000 people a year. Using a computer climate model, they predict such deaths will rise. Many of the problems are cause by the...
- Self-Assessment Air Quality Awareness Tool Available To Livestock Producers. // Beef Expert Blog;2/20/2012, p2
The article offers information on the National Air Quality Site Assessment Tool for livestock producers to reduce air emissions.
- The Web Gets Wind of Pollutants. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on a Web site that offers information about the quality of air in Yellowstone County in Montana. Features of the Web site; Target users of the site; State aid for the Web site project.
- Clearing the air about pollution. Koszuto, L.E. // Current Health 2;Apr88, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p26
Discusses air pollution and its effects on health, especially during jogging or physical fitness workouts. Effect on breathing; Types of air pollutants. INSET: Working out a work-out plan (how to exercise during a....
- Exhaust(ion). Burke, E.R. // Bicycling;Aug88, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p76
In metropolitan areas, thousands of tons of organic gases, oxides and particulates are released into the atmosphere daily. Discusses how these pollutants can hinder bicycling performance.
- Athletes run better with unleaded petrol. Vines, Gail // New Scientist;7/11/92, Vol. 135 Issue 1829, p17
Reports on an experiment by researchers at the University of Stellenbosch in South Africa on the effects of lead-free gas on urban athletes. Study focused on long distance runners; Their findings; Other sources of lead pollution.