Changes in the incidence of occupational disability as a result of back and neck pain in the Netherlands
- Neck or shoulder pain and low back pain in Finnish adolescents. Vikat, Andres; Rimpelä, Matti; Salminen, Jouko J.; Rimpelä, Arja; Savolainen, Annikki; Virtanen, Suvi M. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p164
The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence and determinants of self-reported neck or shoulder pain (NSP) and low back pain (LBP) among 12-18-year-olds. A questionnaire was mailed to a nationally representative sample of 11,276 12-, 14-, 16- and 18-year-olds in 1991. The response...
- Now I Can Bend My Back! // Operating Theatre Journal;Nov2012, Issue 266, p6
The article reviews the book "Now I Can Bend My Back!" by Nick Sinfield.
- Hot Sites. Schiff, Lisa // RN;Aug2000, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p14
Reports that the Web site www.spine-health.com offers information on all aspects of back and neck pain.
- Bad Backs Are A Pain In The Neck At Work. // OfficePro;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p6
The article cites a report in the May 2011 "Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine," which found that pain in the neck, shoulders, and back is a leading cause of low productivity in the work place, followed by the use of pain killers to address the same.
- Nix Neck Pain. Pechman, Rachel Rabkin // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p16
The article offers tips to remedy and to reduce neck, shoulder or upper back pain in women who work long hours at computers.
- Participatory ergonomics to reduce exposure to psychosocial and physical risk factors for low back pain and neck pain: results of a cluster randomised controlled trial. Driessen, Maurice T.; Proper, Karin I.; Anema, Johannes R.; Knol, Dirk L.; Bongers, Paulien M.; van der Beek, Allard J. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p674
Objectives This study investigated the effectiveness of the Stay@Work participatory ergonomics programme to reduce workers9 exposure to psychosocial and physical risk factors. Methods 37 departments (n=3047 workers) from four Dutch companies participated in this cluster randomised controlled...
- Is your workplace trashing your bod? // Cleo;Jan2003, Issue 363, p56
Presents tips on how to deal with work-related neck pain. Proper sitting position to prevent neck pain; Description of an ergonomic chair; Importance of stretching exercises.
- Chronic Neck Pain. SRIKULMONTREE, THITINAN; SUDHA RAO, TANGADA P. // American Family Physician;4/1/2009, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p595
A quiz about the diagnosis for a 47-year-old man suffering from chronic neck and lower back pain for more than 20 years.
- Freedom from back and neck pain. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2003, Issue 250, p40
Discusses strategies to prevent and treat back and neck pain. Chiropractic; Massage approach; Homeopathy.