Life time suicidal thoughts in an urban community in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Suicide in ethnic minority groups. McKenzie, Kwame; Serfaty, Marc; Crawford, Michael // British Journal of Psychiatry;Aug2003, Vol. 183, p100
The article discusses the rate of suicide in ethnic groups and its risk factors. Figures indicate that ethnic minority groups have varied suicidal rates in reference to their locations. Aboriginal peoples of Australia and New Zealand have high rates of suicide as compared with the colonists...
- Dicle ï¿½niversitesi ï¿½grencilerinde Madde Kullanimini Belirleyen Risk Faktï¿½rleri. Yal�in, Murat; Essizoglu, Altan; Akko�, Hasan; Yasan, Aziz; G�rgen, Faruk // Klinik Psikiyatri Dergisi;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p125
Objectives: Determination of the prevalence of substance use at least once during life-time, and risk factors associated with substance use among university students, was aimed in the present study. Method: Data obtained via socio-demographic data forms and substance use information forms, from...
- ADAPTACE PACIENTÅ® HOSPITALIZOVANÃCH V DÄšTSKÃ‰M A ADOLESCENTNÃM VÄšKU PO SUICIDÃLNÃM POKUSU. KOUTEK, JIŘÍ; KOCOURKOVÁ, JANA // Ceskoslovenska Psychologie;2013, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p372
Anonymous catamnestic questionnaire, focused on psychosocial adaptation and psychopathological symptoms including suicide behaviour was sent to 77 patients hospitalized in 2004-2005 after a suicide attempt. Return of the questionnaire was 29%, precisely 38% of those within reach. 23% of the...
- ACEP enumerates signs of suicidal behavior. // ED Management;May2008, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p58
The article lists risk factors for suicide, according to the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), which includes a prior suicide attempt, alcohol or drug problems and recent release from a psychiatric treatment facility.
- Alcohol consumption by men in China: A non-Gaussian censored system approach. Yen, Steven T.; Yuan, Yan; Liu, Xiaowen // China Economic Review (1043951X);Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p162
Abstract: Consumption of beer, wine and spirits by men in China is investigated, using data from the 2006 China Health and Nutrition Survey. Censoring of consumption levels is accommodated by estimating a censored equation system, using quasi maximum-likelihood and copula methods which allow the...
- Death-defying Acts. Robbins, Joseph V. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jan2001, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p20
Identifies the risk factors of suicide cases among psychiatric patients in the United States. Information on several studies on the causes of suicide cases; Programs to prevent suicide.
- Demographic And Psychosocial Risk Factors Relevant In Completed Suicides In The Region Of Eskisehir, Turkey. Yenilmez, Cinar; Balci, Yasemin Gunay; Ayranci, Unal; Seber, Gülten; Kaptanoglu, Cem // Internet Journal of Forensic Science;2003, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p22
Aims: To identify the demographic and psychosocial characteristicsof people who committed suicide by sex and age factors. Methods: Thisstudy recruited 154 cases who had committed suicide between 1997 and2001. Our cases were scanned retrospectively from the files of theCentral Administration of...
- Factors associated with suicide after parasuicide in young people. Hawton, Keith; Fagg, Joan; Platt, Stephen; Hawkins, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/19/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6893, p1641
Determines the factors associated with complete suicide in young parasuicide patients in Great Britain. Predictors of complete suicide; Prevalence of suicide after parasuicide; Risk factors of suicide.
- Suicide among eminent artists. Preti, Antonio; Miotto, Paola // Psychological Reports;Feb99, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p291
Focuses on the risk of suicide among artists using data from Garzanti's Encyclopedia, a broad biographical repertory. Categories in visual and literary arts that were compared; Peculiar pattern of suicide among artists; Factors attributed to the specific risk of suicide; Other factors...