The development of a multidisciplinary fall risk evaluation tool for demented nursing home patients in the Netherlands
- Fall prevention among older adults: is London ready for the NSF? Hughes, Michael // British Journal of Community Nursing;Jul2002, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p352
Fall prevention is a key standard of the National Service Framework for Older People (Department of Health, 2001). This article describes a study exploring the extent and nature of fall prevention initiatives among London primary care NHS services. It outlines fall prevention approaches used,...
- Free from falling. Shepherdson, Nancy // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p24
Discusses strategies in avoiding falls among arthritic patients. Includes performing a hazard search at home; Getting rid of clutter; Maintaining good body mechanics. INSETS: The Chinese anti-fall strategy.;If you do fall..
- Children still falling from windows. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Aug2015, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p253
The article discusses how deaths of children falling from windows continue in spite of protection needed on high rise apartment windows.
- News. // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;Jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
The article presents 2013 news on health. Research in the article "More Baccalaureate-Prepared Nurses in Hospitals Connected to Fewer Patient Deaths" found that nurses with four year degrees are linked to fewer patient deaths. Research in the article ""Seniors Saved Over $6 Billion on...
- How to age gracefully--without frailty or falls. // Consumer Reports on Health;Feb96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p18
Recommends steps for minimizing the risk of a fall among the aged. Importance of exercise for retaining strength and balance; Dangers of getting dizzy with drug intake; House arrangements for avoiding a fall; Steps for protecting frail bones. INSET: Will you become disabled?..
- Results of Intervention Research: Implications for Practice. Rose, Debra J. // Generations;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on several intervention strategies that have been proven to be most effective in reducing fall incidence rates and fall-related injuries among the older adult population. Role of exercise in reducing fall risk and fall incidence rates in older adults; Information on environmental...
- Balance Interventions to Prevent Falls. Berg, Katherine Olga; Kairy, Dahlia // Generations;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p75
Focuses on the principles underlying balance assessment and training to prevent falls. Information on balance; Essential components of balance interventions; Examples of how different aspects of balance can be incorporated into exercise classes or activities.
- Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls. Mulhern, Barbara // American Vegetable Grower;Nov2007, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p50
The article discusses ways to prevent slip, trip and fall injuries that commonly occur in greenhouses. Water-absorbent mats, runners or rugs can be used to reduce such hazards. It is suggested that floors and other walking surfaces should be kept non-slippery, clear and in good repair. Light...
- FREE FALLS & SUDDEN STOPS. Galpin, Arnold Timothy // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p54
The article offers the author's views on the common equipment, use restrictions, and common misapplications of fall protection products in work-safety related industries. He asserts that all individual should know how to select and apply fall protection properly to maximize safety and minimize...