Trends in drinking habits among adolescents in the Baltic countries over the period of transition: HBSC survey results, 1993-2002
- Recent Trends in Adolescent Alcohol Use in Hawai'i: 2005-2011. Nigg, Claudio R.; Anderson, Johanna K.; Troumbley, Rex; Alam, Mohammad Masudul; Keller, Stefan // Hawaii Journal of Medicine & Public Health;Mar2013, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p92
Monitoring trends in adolescent alcohol use over time is important for planning, allocation of resources, and evaluation of alcohol prevention and treatment programs. This article is an update of previously reported trends in adolescent alcohol use in the State of Hawai'i utilizing data from the...
- 16-year olds continue to drink heavily | Trimbos. // Trimbos Quarterly;9/ 1/2012, p1
The article reports on the data from a survey of Health Behaviour in School-age Children (HBSC) which examines the alcohol consumption of young people more than 16 years old in Europe in 2012. Findings reveal that about two-thirds of these adolescents consumed five or more drinks in a single...
- Drinking and the brain: careful selection of research participants required. Avegno, Elizabeth; Hart, Carl // Psychopharmacology;Aug2014, Vol. 231 Issue 16, p3239
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Volumetric Differences in the Anterior Cingulate Cortex Prospectively Predict Alcohol-Related Problems in Adolescence" by A. Cheetham, N. B. Allen, S. Whittle et al. which appeared in a previous issue of the journal.
- Stencils plan to fight proxy sales. Geary, Martin // Independent Retail News;12/8/2016, p7
The article reports that spray-on pavement stencils with the message "Buying for an U18? â€“ It's an offence" developed by the Community Alcohol Partnerships (CAP) has been used by licensing authorities to tackle proxy purchasing of booze for under-age teenagers.
- Impacto del consumo nocivo de alcohol en accidentes y enfermedades crÃ³nicas en MÃ©xico. Guerrero-López, Carlos Manuel; Muños-Hernández, José Alberto; de Miera-Juárez, Belén Sáenz; Pérez-Núñez, Ricardo; Reynales-Shigematsu, Luz Myriam // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;2013 supplement 2, Vol. 55, pS282
Objective. To analyze alcohol consumption, and its impact on road traffic-related mortality and chronic diseases. Materials and methods. Through the analysis of national health surveys, registry of traffic collisions, mortality records and economic surveys, we estimated prevalence, mortality and...
- Children's drinking habits influenced by household members. // Paediatric Nursing;Sep2009, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p5
This article reports that the results of a survey by Great Britain's National Health Service indicate that the percentage of students from age 11 to 15 who drank alcoholic beverages is much lower in non-drinking households than those households with three or more people who drank alcohol.
- Diferencias de gÃ©nero en la prevalencia de los trastornos por uso de alcohol del DSM-IV en adolescentes. SECADES-VILLA, ROBERTO; LÓPEZ-NÚÑEZ, CARLA; FERNÁNDEZ-ARTAMENDI, SERGIO; WEIDBERG, SARA; FERNÁNDEZ-HERMIDA, JOSÉ RAMÓN // Adicciones;2013, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p260
Despite the availability of data about drinking frequency and patterns, the surveys on alcohol use among adolescents carried out in Europe tend not to provide information about diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorders (AUD) or estimation of their prevalence. This study assesses the...
- ANALYSIS OF THE ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION PHENOMENON AMONG ADOLESCENTS: STUDY CARRIED OUT WITH ADOLESCENTS IN INTERMEDIATE PUBLIC EDUCATION. Barroso, Teresa; Mendes, Aida; Barbosa, Antonio // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);mai/jun2009, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p347
This study aimed to evaluate the alcohol consumption phenomenon in public schools in Coimbra, Portugal (7th, 8th and 9th grades) for the implementation of a preventive program of alcohol use/abuse. This is a quantitative, descriptive and correlational study. The sample included 654 students...
- Hot Mess. // Teen Vogue;Aug2012, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p146
The article focuses on social drinking that leads to alcoholism of teenagers. It cites the story of a 20-year-old woman whose habit of simply drinking at parties high school eventually led to alcoholism. Scott Bienenfeld, medical director of the New York Center for Living, warns that alcohol...