Costs of the 'Hartslag Limburg' community heart health intervention
- Cardiovascular wellness:...lowers incidence and costs. Schiller, Bruce // Employee Benefit News;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p31
Explains the result of a study on health benefit costs for cardiovascular diseases (CVD) conducted by Ingenix in the U.S in 2003. CVD benefits paid per employee claimant by type of coverage on selected conditions; Prevalence of CVD leading to different conditions; Distribution of CVD benefits...
- Legislating to Promote Healthy Gating and Physical Activity. // Journal of Medical Sciences;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p305
No abstract available.
- Selected Abstracts. // American Journal of Health Promotion;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 4, pTAHP.10
The article presents abstracts related to health on topics including the effects of workplace intervention program on employee health and biological stress markers and impact of wellness intervention on cardiac risk factors, health risk and health care costs.
- CVD costs set to soar in six major European cities by 2020. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Sep2014, Vol. 711 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the study conducted by the Centre for Economic and Business Research (CEBR) which forecasts that medical care costs involving cardiovascular disease (CVD) will increase by 2020 in six major European Union countries.
- The impact of lifestyle health risk on the bottom line: A case study. Papale, Mary Anne; Lawless, Grant D. // Employee Benefits Journal;Sep93, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19
Shows the positive correlation between participation in a health promotion program and control of health care utilization and costs. Health Promotion Services' Lifestyle Advantage program; Health risk factor areas studied; Personal health counseling; Suggested program modifications to address...
- Higher health premiums on the way. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;02/02/98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
Reports why employers in Southern Nevada, Las Vegas might want to brace for higher health care costs in 1998. Projected range for Health Plan of Nevada; Reason for the higher premiums.
- Program to keep county employees healthy, reduce health care costs. // Munday Courier (TX);2/18/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the Health County program to reduce health care costs and obesity rates in Knox County, Texas.
- Plan complements disease management program. // Patient Education Management;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p141
The article reports that the ComplexCare program from Health Management Corp. are helping members with chronic diseases in learning how to manage their conditions to minimize health care costs.
- RESEARCH NEWS ROUND-UP. // Occupational Health;Dec2010, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p14
The section focuses on several research on occupational health. In a 2010 issue of "Occupational and Environmental Medicine," one study examined the link between chronic exposure to occupational noise and the prevalence of coronary heart disease (CHD) and hypertension. In a 2010 issue of "BMC...