Predicting smear negative pulmonary tuberculosis with classification trees and logistic regression: a cross-sectional study
- Assessing the validity of tuberculosis surveillance data in California. Sprinson, Joan E.; Lawton, Elizabeth S.; Porco, Travis C.; Flood, Jennifer M.; Westenhouse, Janice L. // BMC Public Health;2006, Vol. 6, p217
Background: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) convened a workgroup to revise the tuberculosis (TB) case report in the United States of America (U.S.). The group proposed substantial revisions. Study objectives were to systematically assess the validity and completeness of...
- Tracing contacts of TB patients in Malaysia: Costs and practicality. Atif, Muhammad; Sulaiman, Syed Azhar Syed; Shafie, Asrul Akmal; Ali, Irfhan // HealthMed;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p435
Background: Tuberculin skin testing (TST) and chest X-ray are the conventional methods adopted for tracing a tuberculosis (TB) suspects. The purpose of the study was to calculate the cost incurred by Penang General Hospital on performing one contact tracing procedure by activity based costing...
- Call it post-traumatic health cuts syndrome. Cosh, Colby // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/13/96, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the status of Alberta's Capital Health Authority (CHA) in May 1996. Details about the creation of health authorities in Alberta; CHA exceeding its budget and indicating cuts in service would be necessary if further funding is not received; The role of Premier Ralph Klein and Health...
- STATUS QUO KILLS KENTUCKY NETWORK. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;8/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 16, p47
Reports on the closure of health care network, Univa Health Network following changes in Kentucky's health care reform system.
- Area health info network seeing a sluggish start. Schrimpf, Natalie // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p39
Reports on hospitals' reluctance to support the Regional Health Network of Northern Ohio, a community health information network launched in Cleveland in 1994. Network features and benefits; Amount spent to build the network.
- EDITORIAL. Grazier, Kyle L. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p355
The article introduces various reports published within the issue, including one by Chip Holmes sharing his perspectives that managers need to acknowledge their own strengths and weaknesses to improve and another by William Cleverley and Sarah Jane Baserman on the differences between...
- Treatment Outcome Among the Retreatment Tuberculosis (TB) Patients under RNTCP in Chandigarh, India. SARPAL, SANDEEP SINGH; GOEL, NAVEEN KRISHAN; KUMAR, DINESH; JANMEJA, A. K. // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Feb2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p53
Background: 'RETREATMENT' for Tuberculosis (TB) has long been a neglected area in global TB control. While other components of the Stop TB Strategy have garnered appropriate focus and, increasingly, sufficient resources, issues related to the TB of patients previously treated for tuberculosis...
- Tuberculosis Outbreak in a Circus: Report of a Cooperative Investigation. Darney, Philip D.; Greene, Joe E. // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1973, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p43
This paper presents a case study of the satisfactory results that can be obtained when local health departments communicate and cooperate with each other.
- Introduction. Willner, Sam // Hygiea Internationalis;2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the use of quantitative survey research in social sciences and another on the modernization of health care and medical science in Turkey in the 20th century.