Levels of second hand smoke in pubs and bars by deprivation and food-serving status: a cross-sectional study from North West England
- Smoking law's enforcement 'still cloudy.'. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/1/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on challenges in the enforcement of the Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act. Officials in the Southern Nevada Health District say they might require assistance from local municipalities in enforcing the antismoking law if businesses are found to be violating it. Customers will be...
- Proceed slowly on smoking rules. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/9/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p24
The article commends the plan of the Nevada Division of Health to delay or drop the proposed smoking ban regulations in public places. It says that the creation of the regulations came after voters approved the Nevada Clean Indoor Act. It notes that the smoking ban has affected the casinos and...
- Officials to strengthen penalties for smoking ban. MILLER, VALERIE // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/5/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 40, pP5
The article reports on the preparations being made by the Nevada State Division of Health to strengthen penalties for the ban on smoking in bars. Health authorities started writing a working draft of proposed regulations for the Southern Nevada Health District after the Nevada Supreme Court...
- Air Contamination Due to Smoking in German Restaurants, Bars, and Other Venuesâ€”Before and After the Implementation of a Partial Smoking Ban. Gleich, Florian; Mons, Ute; Pötschke-Langer, Martina // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Nov2011, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1155
Introduction: The present study examined the reduction in exposure to tobacco smoke in German hospitality venues following the implementation of a partial smoking ban by measuring the indoor air concentration of PM2.5 in 2005 and 2009, that is, before and after the legislation was implemented....
- Decision upsets takeout eateries. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/12/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p5
The article reports on the effect of the Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act on the business performance of pubs, take-out establishments, taverns and bars in the state. The Act states that take-out establishments can no longer deliver into bars that allow smoking. Initially, the ban meant a new market...
- Designated smoking times raise ire of ban advocate. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/26/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p2
The article reports on the reaction of the American Cancer Society to the decision of the Southern Nevada Health District to issue some bars and restaurants in the area special permits allowing for separate dining and smoking times. Buffy Martin-Tarbox, the government-relations director for the...
- BOISE'S ANTI-SMOKING ORDINANCE CHANGES MORE THAN A FEW HABITS. Wolf, Carissa // Boise Weekly;3/14/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p10
The article presents information related to the ban on smoking in bars, privateclubs and near transit areas in Boise, Idaho.
- Pacers recovery well-timed: Last place, unacceptable. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/28/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p10
The article reports that the bars of Indianapolis, Indiana, will become smoke-free on June 1, 2012, however, implementing such a law will be cutting-edge.
- Local bars cope with the smoking ban. Garrison, Steve // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);1/31/2011, p1
The article reports that the issue of adoption of smoking ban in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is still being debated in bars across the state as the financial and social ramifications of the ban are unknown.