Consumer perceptions of safety in hospitals
- Growing Public Distrust of Hospitals Cited by Northwestern CEO. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30983, p6
Reports on the decline in consumer confidence in hospitals in the United States. Factors contributing to the increasing level of distrust; Challenges facing the health care industry.
- Consumer confidence hits the bottom. // Trustee;Feb97, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the pessimism of consumer focus groups conducted by the American Hospital Association (AHA) concerning the health care market. Alleged focus of health care providers on the bottom line rather than patient care; Complaints about costs and other factors that hinder access to health...
- Despite increased health care costs, consumer confidence rises. // Family Practice Management;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p31
Reports that health care spending in the U.S. rose 10% in 2001, according to a study by the Center for Studying Health System Change published in the September 2002 issue of the 'Health Affairs.' Factors contributing to the increase in spending; Increase in consumer confidence in health care.
- STATES TAKE THE LEAD. DerGurahian, Jean // Modern Healthcare;12/10/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 49, p26
The article reports on issue of patient-safety reporting in the U.S. It states that while more than half of states now tout public reporting as an aid to the quality and safety of patient care, developing meaningful, relevant information and getting it into patients' hands remains an obstacle....
- Dinner-house comp-store sales up; rise expected to continue. Knapp, Malcolm M. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p24
Focuses on consumer spending trends in the hospitality industry in the United States recent to September 14, 1998. Percent increase of same-store sales in June 1998; Contributing factors; Best-performing regions; Percent increase of all-store sales; Performance of comparable store sales and...
- Health Care. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;3/5/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p718
Presents an update on the health care industry in the U.S. as of March 5, 2005. Confidence shown by consumers on the safety of prescription drugs sold in the country; Attitude of patients toward the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- NOT-SO-HAPPY SHOPPERS. Roszak, Dennis J. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2000, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p81
Presents the report `2000 Health Confidence Survey,' issued by the Employee Benefit Research Institute. Report findings.
- HIT roundup. // Medical Device Daily;7/27/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 139, p4
This article reports on the plan of Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Care in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to increase the level of safety across its organization for patients, residents and staff.
- Don't Start Small. Jeffries, Jane // Trustee;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses commitment of hospitals featured within the issue to patient safety and better performance.