Concurrent crack and powder cocaine users from Sao Paulo: Do they represent a different group?
- DYING TO GET HIGH. // Ralph;Mar2004, p32
Provides information on several drugs. Heroin; PCP; Yaa Baa; Crack cocaine; Tooheys Red.
- crack. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p201
A definition of the term "crack" is presented. It refers to a highly potent, fast-acting form of cocaine.
- COCAÃNA E DERIVADOS: EFEITOS AO ORGANISMO E Ã€ SAÃšDE PÃšBLICA. TAMBANI RODRIGUES, RONNYE; ZANUSSO JUNIOR, GERSON // UNINGÃ Review;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p90
The high consumption of illicit drugs such as cocaine and its derivative crack and oxy, has become a serious public health problem worldwide. The intense pleasurable effects make it likely that consumes, makes cocaine is a drug with high potential for abuse. Its derivative, crack and oxy, are...
- Children and cocaine. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Nov93, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p50
Comments on an article by Martha A. Spitzer and Faith M. Stayer in the 1992-93 issue of `National Forum of Applied Educational Research Journal' about `Children Prenatally Exposed to Cocaine: A Literature Review with Implications for Educators.' Statistics on the number of cocaine-exposed babies...
- The injection of crack cocaine among Chicago drug users. Johnson, Wendell A.; Ouellet, Lawrence J. // American Journal of Public Health;Feb1996, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p266
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the injection of crack cocaine among drug users in Chicago, Illinois, which was previously published in the "American Journal of Public Health."
- Adult supraglottis subsequent to smoking crack cocaine. Osborne, Ryan; Avitia, Sofia; Zandifar, Hootan; Brown, Jimmy // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p53
Supraglottitis is one possible complication of smoking crack cocaine. From 1992 through 2001, our institution treated nine patients for thermal supraglottitis secondary to crack cocaine inhalation. In this article, we describe two of these cases, and we briefly review what is known about this...
- `We need drastic measures.' Becker, M.; McDaniel, A. // Newsweek;3/13/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p21
Talks about the problems besetting the US due to crime and crack, and the controversy over the need and legality of using military force to stop them.
- Not All Drugs. Dubin, Jeff // Humanist;May/Jun2013, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p5
A letter to the editor is presented on drug addiction and crack cocaine use in response to the article "Rethinking Drug Policy Assumptions" by Jefferson Fish from the March-April 2013 issue.
- The crack children. Kantrowitz, B.; Wingert, P. // Newsweek;2/12/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p62
Reports on the lives and problems of children born to crack-using mothers. Their troubles don't end in infancy. As cocaine babies grow up, health and social workers are discovering a whole new set of drug-related problems. Damage done; Birth defects; Early intervention; The lost generation.