Study Protocol -- Diabetes and related conditions in urban Indigenous people in the Darwin, Australia region: aims, methods and participation in the DRUID Study
- Men Encouraged to Take Preventive Steps in Their Health Care. // MEDSURG Nursing;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses the health promotion campaign "Real Men Wear Gowns," sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the Advertising Council, which encourages men to be proactive about preventive screening examinations.
- Program rewards members for good diabetes care. // Case Management Advisor;Jul2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p77
The article reports on the diabetes disease management program of UCare Minnesota that gives rewards to the members of Medicare Advantage. The diabetes campaign covers educational programs and medical tests that resulted to decrease in hospitalization and emergency cases on complications of...
- Taking the company pulse. // New Zealand Management;Jul2006, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p14
The article presents information on the action taken by Energex to promote employee health within the organization. The company realized that its employee profile is older, fatter, more at risk of contracting potentially killer conditions such as diabetes or heart disease and more prone to...
- Employee fitness exams: What can they include? Delogu, Nancy // HR Weekly;7/14/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p4
The article present a question and an answer related to the limits of how invasive an executive physical examination for employees can be.
- Can you force a blood-alcohol test? Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;Jul2002, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p14
Presents a question and answer advisory on the right of engineering management to force medical examinations on employees. Emphasis on employee responsibilities; Importance of safety considerations; Highlights of the business necessity.
- Comprehensive health evaluations. Ririe, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/23/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p13
Encourages United States businesses to ensure that their employees' remain healthy by providing a comprehensive health evaluation program. Increasing number of individuals who are realizing the benefits of preventive medicine; Overview on the comprehensive health evaluation process; Potential...
- Remind patients to get A1C checks. Schneider, Katherine A. // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p77
The article offers information related to A1C medical examination for patients with diabetes in the U.S. The A1C test is used primarily to monitor the glucose control of diabetics. It is frequently ordered on newly diagnosed diabetics to determine how elevated their uncontrolled blood glucose...
- Effectiveness of health checks conducted by nurses in primary care: Final results of the... Muir, J.; Lancaster, T. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/29/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6987, p1099
Discusses the effectiveness of health checks, performed by nurses in primary care, in reducing risk factors for cardiovascular disease and cancer. Study of five urban general practices in Bedfordshire, England; Promotion of dietary change; Reduction in cholesterol concentrations; Benefits of...
- Exec-health exams take a spa approach. Benedetti, Marti // Crain's Detroit Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on the health spa-inspired executive-level physical examinations offered by hospitals in Detroit, Michigan. Types of tests performed on clients; Companies' use of such programs to protect themselves from the untimely death or severe illness of a vital employee; Provision of appropriate...