Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes by lifestyle intervention in an Australian primary health care setting: Greater Green Triangle (GGT) Diabetes Prevention Project
- Study to Leverage iPads for Diabetes Interventions. Goth, Greg // Healthdatamanagement.com;8/25/2014, p1
The article reports on the partnerships between North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute and South Carolina Clinical and Translational Research Institute to conduct a study regarding ways on how to reduce diabetes prevalence and complications in Bamberg County, South Carolina.
- Lifestyle important as drugs in type-2 diabetes. // GP: General Practitioner;11/17/2006, p1
The article focuses on a research which states that lifestyle interventions may be as effective as drug therapy at preventing type-2 diabetes in patients with impaired glucose tolerance. Follow-up data from the Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study showed a four-year intensive lifestyle intervention...
- The Imperative to Prevent Diabetes. RATNER, ROBERT E. // Diabetes Care;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p2417
The article discusses issues related to preventing diabetes. It has been informed that diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the U.S. and despite remarkable advances in understanding of the disease and pharmacological interventions for its treatment, it causes both diabetic...
- Preventing Type 2 In Your Kids. Tanenberg, R. J. // Diabetes Health;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p22
Emphasizes lifestyle changes as a key factor to preventing diabetes in children in the U.S. Prediction that children will be afflicted with type 2 diabetes; Result of a study on the possible causes of overweight in children; Overview of lifestyle changes that could prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Lifestyle changes can prevent or delay diabetes. // New York Amsterdam News;11/4/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 45, p28
The article discusses about prevention of diabetes. Close to 4.1 million New Yorkers are at high risk of developing diabetes, according to the New York State Department of Health. Those who are not sure of their diabetes risk should see their physicians to find out because, the Medical Society...
- A call to arms against diabetes. Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;02/12/98, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p42
Provides information about diabetes. Tips on how to prevent diabetes; Statistics on diabetes in United States.
- THE HIDDEN EPIDEMIC. Cool, Lisa Collier // Good Housekeeping;Aug2001, Vol. 233 Issue 2, p114
Discusses ways to prevent diabetes. Description of insulin; Complications of diabetes; Reason for the growth in the number of women diabetics; Risk factors for the disease.
- Diabetes MILES--The Netherlands: rationale, design and sample characteristics of a national survey examining the psychosocial aspects of living with diabetes in Dutch adults. Nefs, Giesje; Bot, Mariska; Browne, Jessica L.; Speight, Jane; Pouwer, Fran‡ois // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p925
Background: As the number of people with diabetes is increasing rapidly worldwide, a more thorough understanding of the psychosocial aspects of living with this condition has become an important health care priority. While our knowledge has grown substantially over the past two decades with...
- Improving Each Additional Lifestyle Factor Further Reduces the Risk for Diabetes. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/6/2011, Vol. 155 Issue 5, pI.30
The article reports on the study which explores the effects of combinations of lifestyle factors on diabetes. The study found that persons with the best lifestyle factors were about 80% less likely to develop diabetes than those with the worst lifestyle factors. It suggests improving multiple...