Prioritization strategies for pandemic influenza vaccine in 27countries of the European Union and the Global Health Security Action Group: a review
- A Hospital-Based Influenza Immunization Program, 1977-78. Fedson, David S.; Kessler, Harold A. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr1983, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p442
Abstract: An influenza immunization program on General Medicine inpatient and outpatient units, immunized a greater proportion of patients than did physicians on medical subspecialty units. Many patients hospitalized with influenza and other respiratory conditions had been discharged earlier in...
- Pandemic flu prevention challenging. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;8/11/2007, Issue 534, p3
The article discusses research being done on influenza virus pandemic vaccine. It references a study by Dataminitor published on July 27, 2007 in http://www.datamonitor.com. The study concluded that the development of an effective influenza vaccine remains to be an unmet challenge. Based on the...
- Flu Secrets You Should Know. O'Meara, Kelly Patricia // Insight on the News;2/3/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p18
Comments on the health risks of a vaccination campaign of the U.S. government against the H3N2 influenza virus strain. Efficacy of the vaccine against the virus; Concerns raised over the amount of mercury in the vaccine; Reason for the immunization campaign.
- ELEVATING to ICD-10. Jellish, Angie; Zenner, Patricia; Goetsch, Eric // Managed Healthcare Executive;Dec2007, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p19
The article discusses the positive and negative aspects of the International Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD)-10 in the health care system in the U.S. It cites that the ICD is intended to facilitate better health care analysis through improved data consistency and...
- Mobile devices give South African nurses access to medical information resources. // British Journal of Healthcare Computing & Information Management;Nov2010, p40
The article reports that Mobile Health Information System (MHIS) project is providing hospital nurses in South Africa with access to medical information resources through Internet capable mobile device pre-loaded with a clinical library. The project is a collaborative effort by participating...
- Symposium Preview: Mayo's Goal: Avoiding Analytics 'Chaos'. Baldwin, Gary // Health Data Management;Jun2013, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
The article offers information on the Healthcare Analytics Symposium and Expo sponsored by "Health Data Management," to be held in Chicago, Illinois, on July 15 to 17, 2013.
- Editor's Message. // International Journal of Social Health Information Management;Dec2010, Vol. 3 Issue 5, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the application of clinical care delivery, public health systems and information management in medicine and programs that empower health education.
- TESTING, TESTING. Morphet, Suzanne // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2009, Issue 322, p42
The article focuses on the efficiency of the naturopathic and conventional diagnostic tools in treating patients in Canada. It states that the annual physical exam has given way to the periodic health exam. Periodic means intervals between preventive medical tests decrease as age increases....
- Toward a National Framework for the Secondary Use of Health Data: An American Medical Informatics Association White Paper. Safran, Charles; Bloomrosen, Meryl; Hammond, W. Edward; Labkoff, Steven; Markel-Fox, Suzanne; Tang, Paul C.; Detmer, Don E. // Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Secondary use of health data applies personal health information (PHI) for uses outside of direct health care delivery, it includes such activities as analysis, research, quality and safety measurement, public health, payment, provider certification or accreditation, marketing, and other...