Recruitment and retention of low-income minority women in a behavioral intervention to reduce smoking, depression, and intimate partner violence during pregnancy
- Smoking patterns during pregnancy and postnatal period and depressive symptoms. Munafo, Marcus R.; Heron, Jon; Araya, Ricardo // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Nov2008, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1609
We investigated the relationship between smoking status and depression symptom score in a large prospective cohort of women (n = 7,089) followed at regular intervals during and immediately following pregnancy. We wished to determine whether depression symptom score predicts subsequent likelihood...
- Sexuality & pregnancy. Headley, Susan // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1998, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p62
Presents an abstract entitled `Results of a Qualitative Study of Smoking Among Pregnant Adolescents,' by Y. Reid, L. Roberts et al published in the `Journal of Adolescent Health.'
- Surgeon General's Advisory on Alcohol. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1982, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16
Reports on Surgeon General's advisory on alcohol and pregnancy in the United States.
- Addressing Health Inequities in Women Care. Beliz�n, Jos� M. // Current Women's Health Reviews;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p142
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one which describes the effect of maternal nutrition on long term outcomes of the progeny and another which shows the long-term effect on lung integrity of the offspring of maternal nicotine exposure.
- Liftoff! Roan, Shari // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on research conducted by Dennis O. Mook-Kanamori of Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, which reveals that the health habits in first-trimester of pregnancy have an impact on whole pregnancy.
- Pregnancy. Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1995, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p60
Presents an abstract of the article `Patterns and covariates of tobacco use in a recent sample of pregnant teenagers,' by M. Cornelius, D. Geva, et. al. originally published in the `Journal of Adolescent Health.'
- Smoking during pregnancy linked with lower birth weight. // Cardiology Today;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p25
The article deals with a study published in volume 119 of "Circulation" which showed that pregnant women who smoke were more likely to give birth to smaller babies with lower body weight.
- Self-Reported and Serum Cotinine-Validated Smoking in Pregnant Women in Estonia. Pärna, Kersti; Rahu, Mati; Youngman, Linda; Rahu, Kaja; Nygård-Kibur, Mari; Koupil, Ilona // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p385
Objectives: Although widely used in epidemiological studies, self-report has been shown to underestimate the prevalence of smoking among pregnant women. Objectives of this study were to examine the discrepancy between self-reported and cotinine-validated smoking status, and the sociodemographic...
- Alcohol Consumption among Pregnant Smokers: Effects of a Smoking Cessation Intervention Program. Fox, Norma Lynn; Sexton, Mary J.; Hebel, J. Richard // American Journal of Public Health;Feb1987, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p211
This study describes patterns of alcohol consumption among pregnant women who participated in a randomized clinical trial of smoking cessation intervention. Data on alcohol habits were obtained prospectively prior to the 18th week of gestation and during the 8th month of pregnancy. Average...