Acculturation does not necessarily lead to increased physical activity during leisure time: a cross-sectional study among Turkish young people in the Netherlands
- The F.i.T Formula. Gallahue, Jennifer // U.S. Kids;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
Evaluates the frequency, intensity and time of exercise of children based on their everyday activities.
- PAPILDOMO FIZINIO AKTYVUMO PRATYBÅ² POVEIKIS SILPNO FIZINIO PAJtGUMO MERGAITtMS. Trinkūnienė, Laima; Rutkauskaitė, Renata; Emeljanovas, Arūnas; Alubauskas, Sigitas // Education. Physical Training. Sport;2009, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p86
Various document that regulate physical education of Lithuanian pupils (the documents are: a 2005-2015 Year Period Strategy of Physical Education and Sports in Lithuania; the Concept of Complementary Education; Comprehensive School General Programs and Educational Standards of the Lithuania...
- INTERNATIONAL FITNESS ROUNDUP. BISCONTINI, LAWRENCE // American Fitness;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses trends related to group fitness programs from around the world. Topics covered include the possibility that the fitness programs for children will rise in the years after 2015. Also mentioned are details about the different fitness pay scales in Australia as well as the...
- Physical activity in relation to overweight and obesity in children and adolescents. Molnár, Dénes; Livingstone, Barbara // European Journal of Pediatrics;2000, Vol. 159 Issue 13, pS45
Abstract Fitness and physical activity levels of children and adolescents are commonly addressed but data on scientific investigations are both equivocal and methodologically diverse. The intensity and type of physical activity that benefit health and development during childhood are not known....
- For an Active Lifestyle, Go Behavioral. Bean, Adrienne A. // Behavior Analysis Digest;Spring2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on a research on ways to maintain physical activity among children conducted by Bess Marcus and her colleagues at Brown University Center for Behavioral and Preventative Medicine in Providence, Rhode Island. Cause of the increase in the number of overweight people; Key factors for...
- Nation's Children Not Shaping Up, Government Says. // Education Week;9/11/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the failure of the President's Council on Physical Fitness in the U.S. to improve the general health levels of children. The goal of the council was to have 60 percent of the nation's children enrolled in daily physical-education classes by 1990, but thus far only 36...
- The Importance of Fitness. // Ladybug;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p35
Presents tips on how parents can motivate their children to exercise. How the habit of watching cartoons and video games affect physical fitness activity; Importance of teaching children to respect their bodies.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS LEVELS AMONG MACEDONIAN CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS. Gontarev, Seryozha; Uslu, Serdar; Milenkovski, Josko; Ozkan, Ali; Misovski, Andrijana // International Journal of Academic Research;Nov2013, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p44
The purpose of this study was to determine the level of fitness in relation to the age and gender of Macedonian adolescents. The research is conducted on a sample of 4162 adolescents at the age between 6 and 14 years old, from Macedonian ethnicity and urban origin. The sample was divided into...
- NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. // HealthEX Specialist;Apr2006, Issue 8, p20
Offers a look at exercise and physical fitness programs for children in England. Promotion of the All Children Exercise Simultaneously program among the schools in Derbyshire, England; Health interventions included in the Get Moving scheme.