Covert observation in practice: lessons from the evaluation of the prohibition of smoking in public places in Scotland
- Up In Smoke. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2006, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the plan of Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCHA) to ban smoking in public areas to prepare for the 2010 Olympics, in British Columbia. The proposal of VCHA was due to the purpose of lifting the grey haze that is over the city by banning smoking on patios, beaches,...
- Wales looks towards public smoking ban. Betts, Clive; Harris, David // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/30/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4258, p8
Reports on the legislative step taken in Wales to ban smoking in public buildings in January 2003. Details of the two-stage ban called for by Alun Pugh, the Labour member proposing the all-party motion; Impact of the implementation of the law on the country; Aim of the Public Places Charter.
- State smoking ban catching fire. Clement, Douglas // Fedgazette;May2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the adoption of a legislative bill banning smoking in public places in South Dakota. Reactions to the ban; Economic advantage for restaurants that serve liquor.
- Big Tobacco escapes from now. Fitzgerald, Nora // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/22/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p4
Reports that the tobacco bill and the regulations restricting cigarette advertising passed by Grand Old Party member Senator John McCain is rejected in the Senate through a technicality. Impact on cigarette manufacturer Big Tobacco; Pledge to reintroduce the McCain bill; Provision of the...
- New York City mayor pursues public indoor smoking ban. Arias, Donya Currie // Nation's Health;Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the introduction of the New York City Indoor Smoke-Free Air Act of 2002 by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg. Provisions of the legislation; Information on smoking restrictions being implemented in the city; Importance of the ban according to New York City Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden.
- Public smoking bans catching fire. // New Hampshire Business Review;2/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p25A
Reports on the restriction of smoking in public places in the U.S. Regulation of health issues; Protection of restaurant workers and patrons; Prevention of fire accident.
- County Council rejects smoke-free bill. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;12/7/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 84, pA6
The article reports that the Saint Charles Country Council has rejected the smoke-free bill that prohibits smoking in indoor public places and workplaces in Missouri.
- Waxahachie smoking ban in effect. // Ellis County Press;9/25/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that Waxahachie city in Texas has passed an ordinance to prohibit smoking in all enclosed public and work places and also inside common areas of multi-unit housing and trailer parks.
- GAMING AREAS ESCAPE SMOKING BANS. // Australian Hotelier;Oct2012, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p9
The article reports the new legislation passed by the New South Wales state government regarding the ban of smoking in outdoor areas including bust stop, taxi ranks and swimming pools and highlights that this rule is not applicable in outdoor gaming areas.