Implementing hospital guidelines improves warfarin use in non-valvular atrial fibrillation: a before-after study
- Effect of Ximelagatran and Warfarin on Stroke Subtypes in Atrial Fibrillation. Teitelbaum, Jeanne S.; von Kummer, Rüdiger; Gjesdal, Knut; Kristinsson, Arni; Gahn, Georg; Albers, Gregory W. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;May2008, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p160
Background and Purpose: The most common stroke subtype among atrial fibrillation (AF) patients not receiving anticoagulants is cardioembolic. In the SPORTIF III and V trials, the oral direct thrombin inhibitor ximelagatran was as effective as warfarin in reducing the risk of stroke in patients...
- Novel Anticoagulants for Non-valvular Atrial Fibrillation Xu, Bo; Whitbourn, Robert // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p463
Non-valvular atrial fibrillation is a major cause of strokes in patients of all ages. Warfarin has been the mainstay anticoagulant for stroke prevention for many years. Warfarin use is limited by frequent monitoring and drug interactions. New oral anticoagulants have been investigated in recent...
- Antithrombotic Therapy for Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation. DiMarco, John P. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Aug2007, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p57
The article discusses research being done on antithrombotic therapy in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF). It references a study by R. G. Hart and colleagues published in a 2007 issue of the "Annals of Internal Medicine." The study identified and included in their database 29...
- Neue Antikoagulanzien etwas effektiver als Warfarin bei nicht-valvulÃ¤rem Vorhofflimmern und venÃ¶sen Thromboembolien. Steurer, Johann // Praxis (16618157);12/19/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 24, p1577
No abstract available.
- FREQUENCY OF DIFFERENT DISORDERS REQUIRING WARFARIN THERAPY AND ITS OUTCOME IN TERMS OF DOSAGE AND INR VALUE IN PAKISTANI POPULATION. Qayyum, Aisha; Najmi, Muzammil Hasan; Naveed, Abdul Khaliq; Khan, Qaiser; Hussain, Saba // Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal;6/30/2014, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p185
Objective: To determine the frequency of different disorders requiring warfarin therapy and to see the target INR and warfarin dose requirement in Pakistani population. Study Design: Descriptive study. Setting and Duration of Study: The study was carried out at Armed Forces Institute of...
- Surgical ablation (MAZE) for atrial fibrillation during coronary and/or valvular heart surgery: PRAGUE-12 study - results after 1 year. // Cardiologia Croatica;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 9/10, Special section p1
The article presents the PRAGUE-12 study on surgical ablation (MAZE) for atrial fibrillation during coronary and/or valvular heart surgery.
- ESC releases updated guidelines on AF, MI and VHD. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;9/15/2012, Issue 662, p2
The article reports that the updated guidelines on the management of atrial fibrillation (AF), acute myocardial infarction (MI) and valvular heart disease (VHD) was issued by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), in conjunction with the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).
- Stroke prevention and management summary. Wallace, Mark // Pulse;9/9/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 34, p69
Focuses on the management summary of stroke prevention. List of primary and secondary prevention; Risk of patients with rheumatic vascular disease, atrial fibrillation with valvular heart disease; Administration of aspirin 48 hours of onset of stroke.
- International Normalized Ratio Stability in Warfarin-Experienced Patients with Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation. Nelson, Winnie; Desai, Sunita; Damaraju, Chandrasekharrao; Lu, Lang; Fields, Larry; Wildgoose, Peter; Schein, Jeffery // American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs;Jun2015, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p205
Background: Maintaining stable levels of anticoagulation using warfarin therapy is challenging. Few studies have examined the stability of the international normalized ratio (INR) in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF) who have had â‰¥6 months' exposure to warfarin...