Factors associated with a measles outbreak in children admitted at Mahosot Hospital, Vientiane, Laos
- NACI survey invitation. // Canada Communicable Disease Report;4/20/2015, Vol. 41 Issue S-3, p23
The article offers information on a survey by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) which is aimed at assessing the immunization stakeholders' views and suggestions on resources from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI). Topics include the outbreak of measles in California,...
- Elsewhere in the Journal. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Dec2008, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p785
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the World Health Organization World Mental Health Survey Initiative, another on the recurrent back injuries in a dynamic cohort of carpenters in the United States.
- Measles -- United States, January 4-April 2, 2015. Clemmons, Nakia S.; Gastanaduy, Paul A.; Parker Fiebelkorn, Amy; Redd, Susan B.; Wallace, Gregory S. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;4/17/2015, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p373
The article presents an update on measles cases in the U.S. from January 4 to April 2, 2015. It notes that while the U.S. declared measles elimination in 2000, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to survey for imported cases. The CDC analyzed 159 cases reported...
- Two Doses of Measles Vaccine: Are Some States in India Ready for It? John, Sushil; Sanghi, Savita; Prasad, Suranjan; Bose, Anuradha; George, Kuryan // Journal of Tropical Pediatrics;Aug2009, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p253
We present the results of two surveys of measles outbreaks near Vellore, which perhaps supports the cause for introduction of a second dose of measles vaccine. Survey one had 590 under 10-year olds. The attack rate was 15.1, 11.7 and 5.7% in the unimmunized, among those vaccinated at 6 months...
- Limited measles outbreak, Tunisia, 2002. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;10/11/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 41, p341
Reports on the decline of measle outbreak in Tunisia. National immunization program; Rate of disease transmission; Percentage of vaccination coverage levels.
- Weekly epidemiological record. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;08/31/2012, Vol. 87 Issue 35, p329
The article presents epidemiological record describing measles outbreaks that occurred in the Horn of Africa (HOA) which includes Ethiopia Kenya and Somalia, during 2010â€“2011. It also discusses global measles eradication programs in these states by providing Measles containing vaccine...
- The public health implications of secondary measles vaccine failure. Ramsay, Mary; Brown, Kevin // Journal of Primary Health Care;Jun2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p92
The authors explore the implications of secondary measles vaccine failure for public health. They cite the difficulty of studying secondary measles vaccine failure, which is known to occur in around 5% of those vaccinated. They discuss the findings of a study that compared disease severity in...
- Impact of Nationwide Measles Vaccination Campaign among Children Aged 9 Months to 14 Years, Zimbabwe, 1998--2001. Munyoro, M.N.; Kufa, E.; Biellik, R.; Pazvakavambwa, I.e.; Cairns, K.L. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/15/2003 Supplement, Vol. 187, pS91
Determines the impact of nationwide measles vaccination campaigns conducted in Zimbabwe among children aged 9 months to 14 years in 1998-2001. Interruption of indigenous measles transmission; Absence of impact of the high prevalence of HIV seropositivity on vaccination-induced measles control.
- Progress toward Measles Eradication in the Region of the Americas. de Quadros, Ciro A.; Izurieta, Héctor; Carrasco, Peter; Brana, Monica; Tambini, Gina // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/15/2003 Supplement, Vol. 187, pS102
Discusses progress in total measles eradication in Latin American countries. Implementation of catch-up vaccination campaigns by the Pan American Health Organization; Measles vaccination coverage in 2000 and 2001; Factors responsible for the achievement of zero indigenous measles transmission...