Prevalence and risk factors for low back pain among professional cooks working in school lunch services
- Mediterranean's Moment. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/ 1/2012, p19
In this article, the author focuses on Mediterranean cuisine. She believes that the cuisine's popularity and appeal lie in its ability to be a both a healthy choice and a flavorful one. She adds that Mediterranean food is hard to beat in grab-and-go settings. She says that a remodel of a...
- ACCESSIBLE ASIAN. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p59
Focuses on Asian cuisine. Information on dipping sauce for Asian finger foods; Reason for the implementation of Asian cuisine at East Side Union High School District in San Jose, California; Features of Middle Eastern cuisine at the University of Maryland in College Park.
- BYOB(urrito). // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the build-your-own burrito bars integrated by Jeffco Public Schools into its 20 high schools.
- Healthy and filling. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p92
Discusses the trend of serving casseroles in the food service department of school campuses. Type of casseroles that are considered the most popular; Effect of presenting certain menu items that are relatively low in food-cost; Information on the recipe of the Sunrise Casserole from the...
- Mexican goes mainstream. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p92
Offers a look at the Mexican and Hispanic food service operation at four United States school districts. Albuequerque Public School in New Mexico; Taos School District in New Mexico; El Paso Independent School in Texas; Desert Sands Unified School District in La Quinta, California.
- A hit with all grades. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p116
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in school cafeterias in the United States. Specialties served at the King and Low-Heywood Thomas School in Stamford, Connecticut; Comments from food service directors; Chinese dishes offered at Glendale Unified District schools in California.
- Today's No. 1 meal choice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p114
Deals with the Italian pizza dishes offered by school foodservice operators in the United States. Pizza specialties served at the Salisbury Boys School in Salisbury, Connecticut; Explanations from foodservice directors; Pizza dishes offered at Unified Schools in Prescott, Arizona.
- A year-round staple. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p86
Reports on the popularity of turkey meat among schools in the United States. Increase in turkey consumption since 1970; Recipes preferred by students; Recipe for turkey salad.
- Trying to mix cultures. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p94
Highlights the emergence of multi-cultural menus in school cafeterias in the United States. Reason for the fusion cooking experiment of Lyons Township High School; Ingredients of a Kosher pizza; Information on the food served by Keto Academy in Purchase, New York.