The diagnosis and management of neuropathic pain in daily practice in Belgium: an observational study
- From the publishers. Weider, Joe; Weider, Betty // Shape;Dec99, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the importance of establishing good health habits early in life to prevent chronic diseases. Prevalence of chronic diseases in the United States; Results of a study by National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion assistant surgeon general James S. Marks.
- CALIDAD DE VIDA RELACIONADA CON LA SALUD Y ENFERMEDAD CRï¿½NICA: ESTUDIOS COLOMBIANOS. Alpi, Stefano Vinaccia; Quiceno, Japcy Margarita // Psychologia;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p123
The aim of the next review is to present the development of research on health-related quality of life, with special emphasis on research with chronically ill samples in Colombia. It describes the historical background that led to the emergence of studies of quality of life related to health in...
- PatologÃa, nuestra revista. Una memoria de cincuenta aÃ±os. López Corella, Eduardo // Patologia Revista Latinoamericana;jul-sep2012, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p173
No abstract available.
- Maintaining families' well-being in everyday life. ZIEGERT, KRISTINA // International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health & Well-Be;Jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
The aim of this paper is to discuss how everyday life changes for the family in the event of chronic illness or disability. It changes physically due to loss of body function and socially due to time and other constraints related to treatment or lack of mobility. Equally important, there is a...
- Chronic fatigue syndrome. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;8/13/2009, p25
The article offers information about chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). It mentions that it causes the long-term tiredness that affects everyday life, but is not alleviated with sleep or rest. It notes that it is also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis. It states that it has no cure, so treatment...
- Family Support and Quality of Life of Children with Kidney Chronic Disease. IORGA, Magdalena; SZTANKOVSZKY, Laszlo-Zoltan // Postmodern Openings / Deschideri Postmoderne;Jun2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p55
For the child with kidney chronic disease, the psychological effects and factors reflecting the personal profile, the age difficulties, the family type and educational level double the medical problems. Involving into the specific age activities with the limits imposed by the disease could...
- Innate Health: A New Way to Look at Life and Avoid Burnout. Baker, Mellisa L. // Massage & Bodywork;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p86
The article reports on ways to look at the different aspects of life and avoid burnout. Massage therapy and preventive medicine are both professions that assist others to higher health. Fortunately, insights from prevention research may also prove extremely beneficial to massage therapy. Its...
- The everyday experience of living with and managing a neurological condition (the LINC study): study design. Versnel, Joan; Packer, Tanya; Weeks, Lori E.; Brown, Jocelyn; Godwin, Marshall; Hutchinson, Susan; Kephart, George; MacKenzie, Diane; Roger, Kerstin; Stadnyk, Robin; Villeneuve, Michelle; Warner, Grace // BMC Neurology;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: The impact of neurological conditions on individuals, families and society is increasing and having a significant economic impact in Canada. While some economic data is known, the human costs of living with a neurological condition are poorly understood and rarely factored into...
- The golden years of Norwegian epidemiology. Thelle, Dag S. // Norsk Epidemiologi;Sep2015, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p35
No abstract available.