A multilevel analysis of neighborhood and individual effects on individual smoking and drinking in Taiwan
- Life as a non-smoker. Stewart, Brenda // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/1/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 35, p4A
The article offers the author's insights on the life without cigarette smoking in which she says that mornings in her life are breeze without having a hangover of the nicotine from the cigarette she used to smoke and that she woke up in the morning with enough energy.
- Untitled. Christen, Arden G. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Sep93, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p106
Comments on the timeliness of the National Cancer Institute's COMMIT Dental Model. Tobacco intervention role of dentists; Oral health hazards of tobacco use; Patients' reactions; Smoking cessation goals; American Stop Smoking Intervention Study (ASSIST); Involvement of the American Cancer...
- Weed it out. // Diva;Mar2008, Issue 142, p91
The article lists six good reasons to quit smoking, compiled by the "Diva" magazine in conjunction with National No Smoking Day on March 12, 2008.
- Effect of Abstinence on Audio-Visual Reaction Time in Chronic Smokers Pursuing a Professional Course. VALLATH, ADITYA LAL; JOSHI, ANURADHA RAJIV; VAIDYA, SAVITA MADHUKAR // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Dec2015, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p8
Introduction: It has now been proven that tobacco abuse is the leading cause for various carcinomas such as oral, lung and oesophageal. It also leads to atherosclerosis of major vessels, development of hypertension, autoimmune disorders, COPD, bronchitis, asthma, bronchiectasis, etc. Most...
- smoking & drinking. Cromie, Carol // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Jan2005, Special Section p1
Suggests ways to quit smoking and drinking. Physiological effects of smoking; List of smoking-cessation products; Advantages and disadvantages of drinking alcohol.
- A New Area to Fight: Electronic Cigarette. Börekçi, Şermin; Bilir, Nazmi; Karlıkaya, Celal // Eurasian Journal of Pulmonology;Aug2015, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p80
Electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) is spreading like an epidemic that threatens the public health. Last one year, e-cigarette use increased by 2 times in both adults and children, and just as the cigarette ads of 1950s and 1960s, e-cigarette ads are taking place in the television, radio,...
- Your Healthy Heart. Bender, Michele // Working Mother;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2/3, p48
The article highlights the importance of quitting smoking to promote a healthy heart. It notes that smokers have at least two to four times the risk of heart disease nonsmokers do. It also outlines the negative effect of tobacco smoke on the body. In addition, it suggests that the best way to...
- Tobacco control policy and adolescent cigarette smoking status in the United States. Botello-Harbaum, Maria T.; Haynie, Denise L.; Iannotti, Ronald J.; Jing Wang; Gase, Lauren; Simons-Morton, Bruce // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p875
Introduction:: Tobacco policies that limit the sale of cigarettes to minors and restrict smoking in public places are important strategies to deter youth from accessing and consuming cigarettes.
- Mind if I smoke? Plagakis, Jim // Drug Topics;6/16/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 12, p37
Presents views on smoking. Reason for starting the habit; Impact of tobacco on health; Use of smoking cessation products.