The Florey Adelaide Male Ageing Study (FAMAS): Design, procedures & participants
- Texas merger results in new name for St. Joseph Villa. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/08/99, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p3
Announces the renaming of Saint Joseph Villa, a senior care facility established in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1947, to Christus Saint Joseph Villa, as a result of the merger of two Texas non-profit health care systems, Christus health and Saint Joseph Villa.
- HEALTH CARE. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/5/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 56, p6
The article reports on the opening of the Aspen Senior Center health care facility for elderly people in Provo, Utah.
- bridging the gap: supporting people recently discharged from hospital. Dugmore, Lois // Nursing Older People;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on the development of a drop-in service and support group to provide the needs of aged with functional mental health needs in Great Britain. Benefits of the drop-in service development; Aims of the center; Needs of older people with functional mental health problems.
- Interesting times. Williams, Ruth // Nursing Older People;Nov2010, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p39
In this article the author offers his opinions on several topics related to medical care in Great Britain, including health care reform, the aged care sector and medical care within the sector and Great Britain's National Health Service. A discussion of the author's employment history within the...
- Texas Program Helps Medicaid Patients Stay Home. Coleman, Laura // State News (Council of State Governments);Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p20
The article presents information on the Money Follows the Person program in Texas. According to Marc S. Gold, manager of the Promoting Independence Initiative, Money Follows the Person is an opportunity for nursing facility residents to access Medicaid-based community-based programming without...
- Improving hospital discharge planning for elderly patients. Potthoff, Sandra; Kane, Robert L. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p47
Discusses hospital discharge planning for aged patients in the United States. Discharge planning decision-making process; Screening; Assessment; Choice of post-acute care (PAC) modality; Choice of PAC plan; Implementation and evaluation of PAC plan; Distributed decision-making.
- Quality of life in care homes. Bright, Les // Nursing Older People;Feb2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the quality of life in health care homes in Great Britain. Three organizations that were entrusted with the responsibility of improving the quality of life of care home residents include the National Care Forum, Help The Aged and National Care Homes Research and...
- Political notebook. // Nursing Standard;10/22/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p12
The article presents 2014 information on medical topics, including approval which Welsh shadow health secretary Darren Millar voiced for spot checks of geriatric wards during hospital inspections and testimony which British health experts will give to a Commons health committee on the Ebola virus.
- DESIGN FOR THE AGES. Kehoe, Bob // Health Facilities Management;May2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p24
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the associate publisher discusses various reports published within the issue including "Empathy for the Aged," by Amy Eagle and a report on the latest products and interior design approaches that support infection-prevention efforts.