Referral patterns of children with poor growth in primary health care
- ULOGA PEDIJATRA PRIMARNE ZDRAVSTVENE ZAÅ TITE U EVALUACIJI NISKOG I VISOKOG RASTA. TAHIROVIĆ, Husref; TOROMANOVIĆ, Alma // Pedijatrija Danas: Pediatrics Today;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p113
Monitoring the growth and development of children is the main task of preventive programs of pediatric health care. This is the best and simplest way of establishing the state of health of the child population, and at the same time, in the case of growth disorders, to make possible the timely...
- Moral assessment of growth hormone therapy for children... Verweij, Marcel; Kortmann, Frank // Journal of Medical Ethics;Oct97, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p305
Considers the moral assessment of human growth hormone (hGH) treatment for children of idiopathic short stature. Evaluation of effectiveness of hGH therapy; Ultimate objective of growth hormone treatment; Evaluating the appropriateness of growth theraphy for children with idiopathic short...
- Short stature in today's clinical practice. Lipman, Terri // Endocrine Today;8/25/2008 Emerging Paradigms Supplt, Vol. 9, p3
The article discusses the importance of accurate growth assessment and growth evaluation in the diagnosis, management and treatment of children with short stature. It also introduces similar topics presented in this issue such as the diagnosis and management of children with short stature, the...
- Growth retardation and metabolic programming: implications and consequences for adult health and disease risk. Hoffman, Daniel J. // Jornal de Pediatria;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p325
The author reflects on growth retardation and metabolic programming and on the article "Evolution of the Biochemical Profile of Children Treated or Undergoing Treatment for Moderate or Severe Stunting: Consequences of Metabolic Programming" by J. F. Alves, R. P. Britto, H. S. Ferreira et al....
- Primary's new centre could be first of many. Binsted, Tim // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/9/2015, p27
The article reports on the opening of the imaging centre of health care Primary Health Care Ltd. in Melbourne, Victoria in July 2015.
- The structural quality of Tanzanian primary health facilities. Gilson, L.; Magomi, M. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1995, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p105
Assesses the structural quality of primary health services in Tanzania. Concept of quality in health care; Types of primary health facility in Tanzania; Variation in performance within facility groups; Causes of health centers' failures.
- A head start in primary care trend. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/29/93, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p16
Discusses Nashua, New Hampshire-based St. Joseph Hospital's commitment to primary health care. Focus of the health care proposal by President Bill Clinton's administration; Establishment of St. Joseph Family Medical Centers; Solid primary care base as a foundation of a strong medical staff and...
- South Africa poised for national health system. Sidley, Pat // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/10/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7027, p329
Reports that the South African government hopes to begin implementing its plans for a national health system that will bring free primary health care to all South Africans from April 1, 1996. Access to private general practitioners; Benefits from the plan.
- A pound of cure may be cheaper. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;04/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p15
States that cost-effectiveness of managed care plans is different when treating AIDS and one form of heart disease. Comment of California-San Francisco physician Carol Brosgart on patients treated by Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) specialists; Findings of the researchers in Pennsylvania...