Attitudes towards prisoners, as reported by prison inmates, prison employees and college students
- POA Ballot For Strike Action. // ConVerse;Apr2011, p24
The article informs that thousands of prison officers will be balloted as a step taken against the Government of Great Britain's industrial action which includes strikes and riots at jail privatization plans.
- officers and board of directors. // American Jails;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p75
A list of officers and board of directors at different correctional facilities in the U.S. is presented.
- TEXAS MAY CUT PRISON OFFICIALS' HOUSING PERKS IN BUDGET CRISIS. // Corrections Forum;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p11
The article reports that the state legislature of Texas is considering cutting Texas prison officials' housing benefits such as discounted or free rent, at a time when the agency is laying off more than 400 employees and cutting inmate treatment and rehabilitation programs.
- Report: Increase jail staff or face sanctions. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);3/28/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p1A
The article reports that inspectors from the Texas Commission on Jail Standards threatened to reduce the certification for the 98-bed Burnet County Jail if it failed to increase its jail staff in 2007.
- Making Successful New Wardens. McCampbell, Susan W. // Corrections Today;Oct2002, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p130
Provides information on how to be a successful prison warden. Issues that should be considered by a warden; Warden preparation; Traits of a good warden.
- Llano County jailers indicted. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/18/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 29, p2A
The article informs that two jailers in Llano County, Texas were executed by the court for the death of a 45-year-old disabled inmate on August 6, 2012 in the jail of Llano County, Texas.
- Dozen prospects apply for vacant warden's job. Kight, Fred // Athens News;11/9/2015, p16
The article mentions the application of the interim warden at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail and 11 others for the permanent position of warden at the facility as of November 9, 2015.
- State prisons primed for downsizing in realignment. Kincheloe, Michael // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/2/2011, p8
No abstract available.
- THEY CHANGE DIRECTORS IN ORDER NOT TO CHANGE PRISON CONDITIONS. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;11/22/2013, p1
The article argues on the insights of Iskra Opetceska regarding the changes of directors of prisons in the Republic of Macedonia.