Self-reported drinking and driving amongst educated adults in Spain: The "Seguimiento Universidad de Navarra" (SUN) cohort findings
- Keeping drunk drivers off the highways. J.S. // Restaurant Business;3/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p138
Focuses on the group called Century Council dedicated to reducing alcohol abuse. Project Long Island as a coalition of business and civic leaders, media and the Century Council; Council's vested interest in promoting moderate alcohol consumption; Council's work for the passage of Administrative...
- Doctors and blood tests. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/5/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6500, p959
Presents a case on driving a motor car after consuming excess alcohol in Yorkshire, England. Basis of the evidence of breath analysis; Replacement of specimens of breath by a specimen of blood or urine; Opposition of the driver on giving a blood sample due to fear of needles.
- The Indefensible Position: Drinking and Driving. // Esquire;Mar2001, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p68
Argues the reasoning behind drinking alcohol and driving a car.
- 'Shattered Dreams' at Poth High School March 4-5. Collins, Mackenzie // Wilson County News;2/26/2014, p1E
The article discusses the programme "Shattered Dreams" organized by Poth High School, U.S. on its campus on March 4-5, 2014 related to the dangers of alcohol drinking and driving.
- FOR OLDER DRIVERS, IMPAIRMENT MAY START WITH ONE DRINK. // Cleveland Clinic Men's Health Advisor;Jun2014, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p2
The article focuses on a study published in the February 2014 issue of the journal "Pharmacotherapy," which found that driving ability of older adults is impacted by a single glass of wine, a bottle of beer or one mixed drink.
- Chronic drinking, binge drinking, and drunk driving II. Duncan, David F.; Donnelly, Joseph // Psychological Reports;Feb99, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p145
Examines data from the Rhode Island Behavioral Risk Factor Survey on self-reported alcohol consumption and drunk driving. Association of driving while intoxicated with both binge drinking and chronic drinking; Definitions of chronic and binge drinking; Risk factors as relatively independent...
- Binge drinking. Sparkman, Dennis R. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr96, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p158
Warns the dangers of binge drinking. Consequences of drunk driving; Percentage of college students who binge and those who binge frequently; Origins of the binger's lifestyle; Overcoming alcohol abuse; Steps to avoid hangover. INSETS: Alcohol inhibits muscle-protein synthesis.;10 steps to...
- MEASURING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF A COMMUNITY-SPONSORED DWI INTERVENTION FOR TEENS. Hover, Alexander R.; Hover, Barbara A.; Young, Janice Clark // American Journal of Health Studies;2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p171
Focuses on the effectiveness of a community-sponsored drinking while driving (DWI) intervention program for teenagers in the United States. Measurement of alcohol consumption, attitudes and behavior towards DWI; Influence of alcohol use on unintentional morbidity and mortality; Discussion of...
- Drunk drivers: Fewer teens, more young adults and women. // Consumer Reports;Oct97, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p7
States that the number of teenagers driving while intoxicated in the United States has plummeted. Statistics on drunk drivers from 1973 to 1996; Increase of drunk drivers in the 21- to 34-year old age group.