Acute hepatitis C virus infection assessment among chronic hemodialysis patients in the Southwest Parana State, Brazil
- The Prevalence and Incidence of Hepatitis C Virus Infection among Dialysis Patients in The... Schneeberger, Peter M.; Keur, Ingrid; van Loon, Anton M.; Mortier, Daniella; de Coul, Katja Op; Verschuuren-van Haperen, Anita; Sanna, Ricardo; van der Heijden, Toine G.; van den Hoven, Heidi; van Hamersvelt, Henk W.; Wim Quint; van Doorn, Leen-Jan // Journal of Infectious Diseases;11/1/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p1291
Reports on the prevalence and incidence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections among dialysis patients in the Netherlands. Testing of patients recruited from dialysis centers for antibodies and HCV RNA in 1995 and 1997. Analysis of seronegative serum samples by reverse-transcriptase polymerase...
- INFECÅ¢IA CU VIRUS HEPATITIC C LA PACIENÅ¢II HEMODIALIZAÅ¢I - DATE EPIDEMIOLOGICE. Diaconescu, Alexandru Christian; Olteanu, Dan // Romanian Medical Journal;2011, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p124
HCV infection in hemodialysis patients and kidney transplant recipients is a major cause of morbidity and mortality, hepatitis C being the most common liver disease in hemodialysis patients. High prevalence of HCV+ in dialysis patients results in a higher probability of new infection with the...
- High prevalence of a rare hepatitis C virus in patients treated in the same hemodialysis unit: Evidence for nosocomial transmission of HCV. Sampietro, Maurizio; Badalamenti, Salvatore; Salvadori, Samantha; Corbetta, Noemi; Graziani, Giorgio; Como, Giovanna; Fiorelli, Gemino; Ponticelli, Claudio // Kidney International;Mar1995, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p911
Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a major cause of hepatitis among patients treated with maintenance hemodialysis. Blood transfusion appears to be the primary risk factor, but nosocomial transmission of HCV in the dialytic environment has been hypothesized. We addressed this issue by analyzing the...
- Data Underscore Risk of Nosocomial Infections in Chronic HD Patients. D'Agata, E.M.C.; Mount, D.B.; Thayer, V. // Kidney;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p259
Focuses on a study which determined the incidence of and risk factors for nosocomial infections among chronic hemodialysis patients. Methodology; Results; Conclusion.
- Serological HCV screening most effective for hemodialysis patients. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the cost-effectiveness of a serological-based screening strategy than biochemical-based screening in the diagnosis of de novo hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection among patients undergoing hemodialysis, according to a study. Information on how the study was conducted.
- Occult hepatitis C virus infection in Iranian hemodialysis patients. Eslamifar, Ali; Ramezani, Amitis; Ehteram, Hassan; Razeghi, Effat; Ahmadi, Farrokhlagha; Amini, Manouchehr; Banifazl, Mohammad; Etemadi, Gelavizh; Keyvani, Hossein; Bavand, Anahita; Aghakhani, Arezoo // Journal of Nephropathology;Oct2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p116
Background: Occult hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is defined as the presence of HCVRNA in liver or peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) in the absence of detectable hepatitis C antibody (anti-HCV) or HCV-RNA in the serum. Low concentrations of HCVRNA may be detected in PBMCs of...
- Epidemiologic and molecular investigation of outbreaks of hepatitis C virus infection on a... Widell, Anders; Christensson, Bertil // Annals of Internal Medicine;01/19/99, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p130
Clarifies mechanism of nosocomial transmission of hepatitis C virus (HCV) in children with cancer. Epidemiologic and molecular analysis of HCV outbreaks; HCV RNA detection; Genotyping and hypervariable region 1 sequencing; Cases of infection with acute HCV genotype 3a between 1990 and 1993;...
- HCV-Infected ESRD Patients at Increased Risk of Death. // Kidney;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p72
Presents an abstract of the study 'Risk of death among chronic dialysis patients infected with hepatitis C virus,' by C.O. Stehman-Breen, S. Emerson, D. Gretch, et al.
- Skin Ulcerations in a Lupus Hemodialysis Patient With Hepatitis C Infection What Is Your Diagnosis? Hamzi, Amine Mohamed; Bahadi, Abdelali; Alayoud, Ahmed; Kabbaj, Driss El; Mohamed, Mohamed // Iranian Journal of Kidney Diseases;May2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p191
The article presents a question about a 47-year-old female patient with lupus nephritis on hemodialysis.