Stroke risk perception among participants of a stroke awareness campaign
- 1.4. Workshop: The task force on major and chronic diseases of the Directorate General Health and Consumer Protection: overcoming the incomparability of morbidity data at the European level. // European Journal of Public Health;2007 Supplement 2, Vol. 17, p13
The article presents abstracts on topics involving major and chronic diseases of the European Directorate General Health and Consumer Protection which include the need for comparable morbidity data at the European level, recommendations for myocardial infarction and stroke population-based...
- Job loss late in career doubles heart attack, stroke risk. // O&P Business News;8/15/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p24
The article suggests that job loss late in career doubles the risk of heart attack or stroke, according to researchers from Yale University. Their findings are based on participants in a nationally representative health and retirement survey in the U.S. It reveals the results of the baseline...
- Multivariate prediction of major adverse cardiac events after 9914 percutaneous coronary interventions in the north west of England. Grayson, A. D.; Moore, R. K.; Jackson, M.; Rathore, S.; Sastry, S.; Gray, T. P.; Schofield, I.; Chauhan, A.; Ordoubadi, F. F.; Prendergast, B.; Stables, R.H. // Heart;May2006, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p658
Objective: To develop a multivariate prediction model for major adverse cardiac events (MACE) after percutaneous coronary interventions (PCIs) by using the North West Quality Improvement Programme in Cardiac Interventions (NWQIP) PCI Registry. Setting: All NHS centres undertaking adult PCIs in...
- Strokes and heart attacks. // Ebony;Dec1996, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the difference between a stroke and a heart attack. Two most common causes of death in the United States; Result of atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.
- Know signs of heart attacks and strokes. Bishop, MaryRuth // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/7/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the importance of knowing the signs of heart attack or stroke.
- Environmental Lead Levels Related to Increased Death. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec2006, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p56
The article presents a study conducted by researchers from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Tulane University, which states that blood lead levels currently thought to be safe by the U.S. government, the World Health Organization and many other authorities are associated...
- Procedure-based severity index for inpatients: development and validation using administrative database. Hayato Yamana; Hiroki Matsui; Kiyohide Fushimi; Hideo Yasunaga // BMC Health Services Research;Jul2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Risk adjustment is important in studies using administrative databases. Although utilization of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures can represent patient severity, the usability of procedure records in risk adjustment is not well-documented. Therefore, we aimed to develop and...
- Stroke after acute myocardial infarction: relation to infarct size. Thompson, Peter L.; Robinson, James S. // British Medical Journal;8/12/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6135, p457
Examines the risk of stroke after myocardial infarction. Increase the incidence of stroke in patients with creatine kinase (CK); Comparison of peak enzyme concentrations with cumulated CK; Function of the size of the myocardial infarct.
- Stroke risk after MI is high in patients age 75 and older. // Geriatrics;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p43
Presents an abstract of the study 'Risk and Predictors of Stroke After Myocardial Infarction Among the Elderly,' by J.H. Lichtman, et al, published in the 2002 issue of the journal 'Circulation.'