Nitrite inhalant use among young gay and bisexual men in Vancouver during a period of increasing HIV incidence
- Whatever happened to 'poppers' and HIV prevention? Szymanski, Katie // Bay Area Reporter;
Reports on the association between the use of nitrite inhalants or poppers and HIV transmission. Dangers of poppers; Community awareness on the hazards of poppers; Addition of popper messages to more generalized HIV prevention messages.
- Young gay men: capable, resilient and resourceful. Gray, James; Munro, Thomas; Yates, Michael // HIV Australia;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the demography of the age distribution of the HIV epidemic in New South Wales. It reports that highest level of HIV was diagnosed in the gay men of 20-29 years of age range in the year 2011. It mentions about the health promotion approaches of the Young Gay Men's Project...
- Nitrite Inhalant Abuse in Antisocial Youth: Prevalence, Patterns, and Predictors. Hall, Martin T.; Howard, Matthew O. // Journal of Psychoactive Drugs;Jun2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p135
The purpose of this study was to examine the prevalence, patterns, and predictors of nitrite inhalant use in antisocial adolescents. Face-to-face interviews were conducted with 723 Missouri youth (Mage = 15.5, SD = 1.2) in residential care for antisocial behavior. The lifetime prevalence of...
- THE POSITIVE SIDE OF MASCULINE(ity). // Vanguard (LA Gay & Lesbian Center);Mar2014, p14
The article offers information on Project MASCULINE, which stands for "MSM and Substances Cohort at UCLA Linking Infections Nothing Effects," a study supported by the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center which aims to protect young gay men of color in Los Angeles, California. The $7 million study is led by...
- HIV infections rise, young males hit hardes. Melby, Todd // Contemporary Sexuality;Dec2008, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on a national report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the increased rate of HIV infections amongst young gay men. The article focuses on the high-risk groups, particularly young African American men who have sex with men. Doctor Richard...
- The Sexual Networks of Racially Diverse Young Men Who Have Sex with Men. Birkett, Michelle; Kuhns, Lisa; Latkin, Carl; Muth, Stephen; Mustanski, Brian // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Oct2015, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p1787
Young men who have sex with men are at increased risk for HIV. Research with older men and high-risk populations suggests that network dynamics may contribute to the spread of infectious disease and HIV, but little is known about the sexual networks of young men who have sex with men. Utilizing...
- Inhalation Abuse Poses Threat. Johnson, Carl // Gases & Welding Distributor;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p54
Focuses on the continuing campaigns of the CGA concerning threats posed by inhalation abuses in the U.S. Efforts of the organization along with other coalitions for creating awareness of the people concerning the dangers of inhalant abuse; Mention of the previous attempts of the organization in...
- Death by Huffing. DiConsiglio, John // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p7
The article discusses the abuse of inhalants in the U.S. and offers information on its statistical data provided by the National Inhalant Prevention Coalition.
- Inhalant abuse. // Pediatrics for Parents;1996, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on an article in the July 1996 issue of the `Poison Center Pointers' periodical which deals with the consequences of inhalant abuse.