High prevalence of respiratory symptoms among workers in the development section of a manually operated coal mine in a developing country: A cross sectional study
- Innovation to enhance safety. // Coal International;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p57
The article discusses the development of an experimental prototype system in Australia to help mitigate the risks of coal dust explosions that occur in underground coal mines.
- Living near opencast coal mining sites and children's respiratory health. Pless-Mulloli, T.; Howel, D.; Darnell, R.; King, A.; Stone, I.; Merefield, J.; Bessell, J. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Mar2000, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p145
Focuses on the health conditions of children living near opencast coal mining sites. Prevalence of respiratory diseases in children; Factors responsible for respiratory diseases in children.
- ENGINEERED CHUTES REDUCE DUST AND MAINTENANCE. // Power Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p12
Provides information on coal handling chutes, an engineered material transfer technology from Parramatta. Benefits of the technology; Distinction between engineered chutes with a traditional transfer system according to the company's business development manager Martin O'Neill; Use of the...
- Assessment of Coal Mine Road Dust Properties for Controlling Air Pollution. Chaulya, S. K.; Kumar, A.; Mandal, K.; Tripathi, N.; Singh, R. S.; Mishra, P. K.; Bandyopadhyay, L. K. // International Journal of Environmental Protection;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p1
The paper describes analytical results of physico-chemical parameters and proximate analysis of coal dust collected from road surface of four opencast coal mines located in different coalfields of India. Value of pH, water holding capacity, ash percentage, moisture content, volatile matter, bulk...
- Activation of the components of an explosion using sorption on the surface of coal dust. Iskhakov, Kh. A.; Egoshin, V. V.; Zaostrovskii, A. N. // Journal of Mining Science;May2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p216
The components of an explosion are under consideration. It is established that methane, hydrogen, oxygen and water steams, when sorbing on surface of coal dust, generate ion-radical forms. These forms promote fast chain-type reactions; mineral constituents of coals and fusinite group ingredients...
- THE EFFECTS OF EXPLOSIONS ON THE UNDERGROUND VENTILATION SYSTEM. Morar, Marius Simion; Radu, Sorin Mihai; Cioclea, Doru; Mititica, Teodora // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2014, Vol. 3, p665
During the process of extracting coal there are released significant quantities of flammable gas which may lead to the occurrence of the explosion type phenomena. For an explosive mixture of air-methane, the source of initiation must submit activation energy between 125.4 and 292.4 Kj/mol and...
- LABORATORY METHODS FOR DETERMINING EXPLOSION PARAMETERES FOR UNDERGROUND DANGEROUS MIXUTERS. Prodan, Maria; Lupu, Constantin; Ghicioi, Emilian; Cioclea, Doru; Szollosi-Moţa, Andrei; Irina, Nălboc // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2014, Vol. 3, p329
Coal dust, methane and hybrid mixtures explosions are a real consequence of underground coal mining operations. The explosion risk management strategy is based on the reduction of event probability through pro-active hazard awareness and control processes. In order to take the necessary measures...
- IMPACT OF GEOLOGICAL AND MINING CONDITIONS ON TO COSTS OF DRILLING THE ACCESS WORKING IN HARD COAL MINE WITHIN THE UPPER SILESIAN COAL BASIN (POLAND). Borówka, Borys // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2015, Vol. 1, p239
Mining investments are encumbered with a high risk and level of uncertainty. In hard coal mining plants, the geological and mining conditions of the deposit play a significant role in the appraisal of economic feasibility of the investment. In the coal mines of the Upper-Silesian Coal Basin,...
- Respiratory Symptoms and Air Pollution Changes in Children: The Gardanne Coal-Basin Study. Charpin, D.; Kleisbauer, J.P.; Fondarai, J.; Graland, B.; Viala, A.; Gouezo, F. // Archives of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 43 Issue 1
Examines the effect of in air pollution to the respiratory system in children in the Gardanne coal-basin in France. Geographical description of the basin; Increase in mortality and morbidity due to pollution; Evaluation of the short and long-term effects of air pollutants.