Effects of backpacking holidays in Australia on alcohol, tobacco and drug use of UK residents
- RELATIONSHIPS AMONG ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION, DRUG USE, AND GOAL ORIENTATION AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN USA. // Psychological Reports;Apr2004, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p411
Students attending 2 different universities completed a Goals Inventory as well as a self-report survey designed to address their use of alcohol and other drugs. University 1 was a large, public state-supported school that did not restrict alcohol use. From this university were 30 male and 77...
- ALCOHOL IS NOT THE GATEWAY TO HARD DRUG ABUSE. Golub, Andrew Lang; Johnson, Bruce D. // Journal of Drug Issues;Fall98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p971
Much prior research has found that alcohol and/or tobacco use in early adolescence typically precedes marijuana use which typically precedes any hard drug use and abuse. This finding has been often misinterpreted as suggesting that use of alcohol somehow "causes" subsequent hard drug abuse. This...
- PREVENTING AND REDUCING SUBSTANCE USE AMONG INSTITUTIONALIZED ADOLESCENTS. Morehouse, Ellen; Tobler, Nancy S. // Adolescence;Spring2000, Vol. 35 Issue 137, p1
The Residential Student Assistance Program, serving high-risk, multiproblem, inner-city, primarily African-American and Latino youth, was evaluated for its ability to prevent and decrease alcohol and other drug use. Participants were drawn from several adolescent residential facilities: three...
- Consumo de alcohol y drogas en adolescentes evaluado a travï¿½s del MMPI-A. Vinet, Eugenia V.; Fa�ndez, Ximena // Salud Mental;may/jun2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p205
Currently, the consumption of alcohol and drugs is a major public health problem worldwide due to its high social and economic impact. In Chile, the highest prevalence and greatest drug consumption rates occur in young people aged 19 to 25 years. Adolescence is the most vulnerable development...
- Integrating Underage Drinking and Drug Use Prevention. Wolfsberg, Jeffrey S. // Education Digest;Nov2006, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p52
The article focuses on developing effective programs to curb alcohol and drug use among teenagers. Statistics related to alcohol and drug consumption among teenagers are provided. The author suggests that traditional methods of deterrence, such as speakers, seminars, and policies, are not enough...
- Some Good Advice. Sispear, Pearlie Bee // Winner;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p13
Gives advice on the health effects of drinking alcoholic beverages and drug use.
- Alcohol and drugs. Farrell, Michael; Strang, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/22/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6825, p489
Focuses on the challenges in the management of alcohol consumption and drug abuse in Europe. Assessment of the nature and extent of the problem; Patterns of intermittent and explosive drunkenness; Increase in drug movement within and between countries. INSET: Helpful target.
- Drink spiking. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;6/1/2010, p21
The article offers information the attributes of drink spiking, the drugs used in beverage spiking and the symptoms encountered by the victims.
- You Cannot Delegate Leadership. Fields, Gary M. // Educational Leadership;Mar1988, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p33
Examines key elements relevant to alcohol and drug use prevention in Washington. Leadership from the school superintendent; School-community partnership; Development of substance abuse prevention programs.