Patterns of alcohol drinking and its association with obesity: data from the third national health and nutrition examination survey, 1988-1994
- A sense of despair has led to our booze culture. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;7/29/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p33
Focuses the association of binge-drinking with obesity in Great Britain. Need for companies to impose behavioral strictures on its employees' behavior at the local level; Cluster of socio-economic symptoms of obesity; Steps taken by the government to resolve the menacing obesity dilemma.
- Consumo de bebidas para una vida saludable: recomendaciones para la poblaciï¿½n mexicana. Rivera, Juan A.; Mu�oz-Hern�ndez, Onofre; Rosas-Peralta, Mart�n; Aguilar-Salinas, Carlos A.; Popkin, Barry M.; Willett, Walter C. // Salud Pï¿½blica de Mï¿½xico;mar/abr2008, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p173
The Expert Committee in charge of developing the Beverage Consumption Recommendations for the Mexican Population was convened by the Secretary of Health for the purpose of developing evidence-based guidelines for consumers, health professionals, and government officials. The prevalence of...
- PART I: THE AMERICAN CONSUMER: 6 PERSONAL LIFE: 6.10 Alcohol Consumption. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Consumer Behavior;2015/2016, Vol. 11, p67
This section of the publication "Consumer Behavior 2015-2016" by Richard K. Miller and Kelli Washington surveys the personal life of Americans, focusing on their alcohol consumption. Topics discussed include the percentage of respondents in a July 2014 Gallup Poll who drink alcoholic beverages,...
- Sibling Interaction and Sibling Similarity for Alcohol Use. Rose, Richard J. // Alcohol Health & Research World;1998, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p140
Reports on the use of adoption studies to investigate the relative contributions of genetic and environmental influences on drinking behavior. Findings of studies on adoptive siblings; Information on a study that analyzed factors modulating sibling interaction and sibling similarity for alcohol...
- Drink to your health? Acosta, Kim; Potera, Carol // Shape;Sep2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p131
Presents information on three studies related to the physiological effects of drinking alcoholic beverages.
- ON MARGIN. // Finweek;6/19/2008, p98
A quiz concerning human beings' drinking behavior is presented.
- Think ABOUT THE SHAPE OF YOUR DRINKING GLASS. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Jan2013, p16
The article reports that according to British experts, people drink alcohol twice as slowly from a straight glass than from a curved glass.
- TIP JAR. // Men's Health;Nov2011, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p88
The article presents tips for dealing with a friend who had overserved alcohol.
- HOW TO DO A BODY SHOT. // Ralph;Oct2009, p162
The article offers step-by-step instructions for doing a body shot.