Neglected diseases of neglected populations: Thinking to reshape the determinants of health in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Groups issue a call to eliminate HAIs. // AHA News;10/18/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the issuance by public health and infectious disease groups in the U.S. of a call to action to eliminate healthcare-associated infections through evidence-based practices, alignment of financial incentives, research and data collection.
- CME Question. // Infectious Disease Alert;Mar2010, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p70
A quiz concerning infectious disease is presented.
- Infectious Diseases: Considerations for the 21st Century. Fauci, Anthony S. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/1/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p675
Focuses on infectious diseases and their impact on public health in the 21st century. Emerging and reemerging infections; Science of infectious diseases; Role of vaccinology in public health.
- Risk of epidemics threatens bombed Baghdad. Brown, Phyllida // New Scientist;3/9/91, Vol. 129 Issue 1759, p13
Reports on the failure of officials in Baghdad, Iraq to monitor or control infectious diseases in the city. Complete breakdown in Baghdad's health system; Rise in cases of diarrhea; Impact of the coalition bombing on the health ministry; Need to establish some way of collecting and monitoring...
- Table of Contents. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;May2014, Vol. 58 Issue 9, pNP
The table of contents for the May 1, 2014 issue of "Clinical Infectious Diseases" is presented.
- Erratum to: Medicines availability for non-communicable diseases: the case for standardized monitoring. // Globalization & Health;Aug2015, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
A correction to the article "Medicines availability for non-communicable diseases: the case for standardized monitoring," published in a 2015 issue is presented.
- Erratum. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;8/30/2013, Vol. 62 Issue 34, p705
A correction to the article "Final 2012 Reports of Nationally Notifiable Infectious Disease" published in the Volume 62, No. 33 issue of the journal is presented.
- Table of Contents. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;Nov2014, Vol. 210 Issue 9, pNP
A table of contents for the issue is presented.
- Community health in a time of change--Introduction. Brubaker, Michael Y. // Circumpolar Health Supplements;2013 Supplement 1, Vol. 72, p407
An introduction to the community health section of the journal is presented which discusses topics including how warming climate is interfering with access to health services for nomadic reindeer herders in Eastern Russia, infectious disease in a coastal Inupiat community in Alaska.