Khat and alcohol use and risky sex behaviour among in-school and out-of-school youth in Ethiopia
- Games people play: Sex, alcohol and condom use among urban Norwegians. Traeen, Bente; Hovland, Arild // Contemporary Drug Problems;Spring98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
Presents the results of a study which examined alcohol and condom use by urban adult Norwegians. Reason men were reluctant to use condoms; Details on an interview with Kristin, a 28-year-old business manager; Examiantion of what influences adults to have unprotected casual sex under the...
- Avoid a Hookup Hangover. Daly, Melissa // Human Sexuality Newsletter;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the impact of alcohol and drugs on sexual decision making. It is considered that hooking up under the influence of alcohol and drugs is not likely to leave a good impression on somebody. Drinking too much alcohol can cause men to have getting erections and it can cause...
- Sex & Diabetes. ALCOHOL & SEX. Spero, David; Kassahoun, Aisha // Diabetes Health;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the effects of drinking alcohol on diabetics. One's blood sugar decreases when one takes alcohol. It was estimated that as much as 1/5 of severe hypoglycemic episodes are directly related to alcohol intake, according to the December 2001 Nutrition Research Letter. The...
- Innocents Abroad? Student Health Behaviors Overseas. // National On-Campus Report;10/1/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p1
Presents survey result concerning the behavior of overseas students. Engagement of the American students in drinking and smoking; Prevalence of sexual intercourse; Assessment of attitude in certain health-related categories.
- Sex Survey Sours Some. // District Administration;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p15
Reports on a proposed survey to ask Fairfax County, Virginia students about sexual activity and alcohol and drug use. Random survey of school children from sixth to twelfth grades in April 2003; Negative reaction of some members of the county Board of Supervisors to the proposed survey.
- Can you undo your past health mistakes? Colino, Stacey // Redbook;Jul2005, Vol. 205 Issue 1, p128
Discusses ways to turn away from bad health habits. Smoking habit; Yo-yo diet; Sex without protection; Binge drinking.
- Alcohol and sexual encounters in recent American cinema. Trocki, Karen F.; Thompson, Andrew // Contemporary Drug Problems;Spring93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p65
Presents a study on the relationship of alcohol use and sexual behavior. Review of several films made during the 1980s to 1990s to determine how alcohol is portrayed in sexual encounters; Causal relation between drunkenness, rape and seduction; Alcohol and self-disinhibition; Stereotypes on the...
- Latest clinical research. Greener, Mark // Independent Nurse;5/4/2015, p17
No abstract available.
- SPIN THE BOTTLE (SEX, LIES & ALCOHOL). Hansford, Carly // Afterimage;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p63
The article reviews the educational video recording "Spin The Bottle (Sex Lies & Alcohol)" from the Media Education Foundation.