Khat and alcohol use and risky sex behaviour among in-school and out-of-school youth in Ethiopia
- THE DRUNK SEX EPIDEMIC. JOHNSON, EMILY C. // Cosmopolitan;Feb2017, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p146
The article discusses issues concerning the drunk sex epidemic that involves an increased number of women falling under sexual drinkers categories that involve people who are not necessarily alcoholics but rely on alcohol to get it on.
- Are You a Sexual Drinker? E. C. J. // Cosmopolitan;Feb2017, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p149
A quiz is presented related to relationship of individuals with alcohol and sex.
- Games people play: Sex, alcohol and condom use among urban Norwegians. Traeen, Bente; Hovland, Arild // Contemporary Drug Problems;Spring98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
Presents the results of a study which examined alcohol and condom use by urban adult Norwegians. Reason men were reluctant to use condoms; Details on an interview with Kristin, a 28-year-old business manager; Examiantion of what influences adults to have unprotected casual sex under the...
- Why Alcohol Is a Buzzkill in Bed. KAM, DANIELLE // Cosmopolitan;Feb2017, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p147
The article focuses on a decline in sexual arousal activity of individuals due to consumption of alcohol.
- Avoid a Hookup Hangover. Daly, Melissa // Human Sexuality Newsletter;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the impact of alcohol and drugs on sexual decision making. It is considered that hooking up under the influence of alcohol and drugs is not likely to leave a good impression on somebody. Drinking too much alcohol can cause men to have getting erections and it can cause...
- Sex & Diabetes. ALCOHOL & SEX. Spero, David; Kassahoun, Aisha // Diabetes Health;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the effects of drinking alcohol on diabetics. One's blood sugar decreases when one takes alcohol. It was estimated that as much as 1/5 of severe hypoglycemic episodes are directly related to alcohol intake, according to the December 2001 Nutrition Research Letter. The...
- Sex Survey Sours Some. // District Administration;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p15
Reports on a proposed survey to ask Fairfax County, Virginia students about sexual activity and alcohol and drug use. Random survey of school children from sixth to twelfth grades in April 2003; Negative reaction of some members of the county Board of Supervisors to the proposed survey.
- Nurse-provided screening and brief intervention for risky alcohol consumption by sexual health clinic patients. Lane, J.; Proude, E. M.; Conigrave, K. M.; de Boer, J. P.; Haber, P.S. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Dec2008, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p524
Objectives: Brief intervention for excessive alcohol consumption is effective yet not implemented widely. Alcohol misuse is implicated in unsafe sex and sexually transmitted infections and is common in clients of sexual health services. Our aims were to assess feasibility, acceptability and...
- Seven health sins OF YOUR PAST. Colino, Stacey // Shape;Nov2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p124
Enumerates seven common health sins women commit and what they can do to become healthy. Tanning; Yo-yo dieting; Unsafe sex; Binge drinking.