Is relatively young age within a school year a risk factor for mental health problems and poor school performance? A population-based cross-sectional study of adolescents in Oslo, Norway
- Treatment foster care: Toward development of community-based models for adolescents with severe... Moore, Kevin J.; Chamberlain, Patricia // Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders;Jan1994, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p22
Studies the development of community-based models for adolescents with severe emotional and behavioral disorders (SED). Oregon Social Learning Center's (OSLC) Treatment Foster Center (TFC) program; Evaluation; School intervention during aftercare.
- The Effects of Organizational Culture on Mental Health Service Engagement of Transition Age Youth. Kim, HyunSoo; Tracy, Elizabeth; Biegel, David; Min, Meeyoung; Munson, Michelle; Tracy, Elizabeth M; Biegel, David E; Min, Meeyoung O; Munson, Michelle R // Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research;Oct2015, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p466
Nationwide, there is a growing concern in understanding mental health service engagement among transition age youth. The ecological perspective suggests that there are multiple barriers to service engagement which exist on varying levels of the ecosystem. Based on the socio-technical theory and...
- TCHD approves opening new treatment facility. Keen, Amy // Fort Worth Business Press;08/04/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p4
Reports that the Tarrant County Hospital District Board in Texas has decided to open an inpatient treatment unit for mentally disturbed adolescents at the district's Trinity Springs Pavilion. Expected losses for the first year of operation; Mental Health Connection's provision of in-kind...
- Bed days on rise in CAMHS wards. Puffett, Neil // Children & Young People Now;2/16/2010, p2
The article reports on the statistics depicting that individuals aged below 18 spent a total of 84,501 days on mental health wards in the first half of 2009/2010 in Great Britain.
- Perceived barriers and facilitators to mental health help-seeking in young people: a systematic review. Gulliver, Amelia; Griffiths, Kathleen M.; Christensen, Helen // BMC Psychiatry;2010, Vol. 10, p113
Background: Adolescents and young adults frequently experience mental disorders, yet tend not to seek help. This systematic review aims to summarise reported barriers and facilitators of help-seeking in young people using both qualitative research from surveys, focus groups, and interviews and...
- Adolescent mental health. // Nursing Standard;8/29/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p58
A quiz concerning adolescent mental health is presented.
- Better tech tools key to youth health. de Montalk, Jen // New Zealand Doctor;4/25/2012, p20
The article focuses on a plan by the New Zealand government to reform the existing mental health resources for teenagers and to establish a new fund for vulnerable young people via social media.
- CORRECTION. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;8/13/2014, Vol. 312 Issue 6, p652
A correction to the letter to the editor entitled "Housing Mobility and Adolescent Mental Health" in the July 9, 2014 issue is presented.
- TEENAGERS' WELL-BEING. SHAH, NIRVI // Education Week;2/6/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p5
The article discusses the mental health of adolescents and the channels through which they receive proper treatment services for mental health disorders, according to the 2012 brief "Adolescent Health Highlight" by the Child Trends nonprofit research center.