The impact of changes to heroin supply on blood-borne virus notifications and injecting related harms in New South Wales, Australia
- Hepatitis C: A multifaceted disease. Gumber, Subhash C.; Chopra, Sanjiv // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/15/95, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p615
Reviews the available data on the association between hepatitis C virus infection and conditions reportedly related to infection with the virus. Essential mixed cryoglobulinemia; Porphyria cutanea tarda; Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis; Sjogren syndrome; Clinical implications.
- What is hepatitis C, and how dangerous is it? Cohan, Gary R. // Advocate;11/30/93, Issue 643, p33
Provides information on Hepatitis C. Discovery of the Hepatitis C virus; Diagnosis; Progression of Hepatitis C to chronic hepatitis.
- Factors Associated with Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Injection and Noninjection Drug Users in Italy. Quaglio, Gianluca; Lugoboni, Fabio; Pajusco, Benedetta; Sarti, Maddalena; Talamini, Giorgio; Lechi, Alessandro; Mezzelani, Paolo; Jarlais, Don C. Des // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p33
We describe the prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection among noninjection users of heroin in Italy and compare the prevalence of HCV infection among noninjection drug users (NIDUs) and injection drug users (IDUs). Multiple logistic regression analysis of data from NIDUs showed that...
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Influences the S-Methadone Metabolite Plasma Concentration. Wu, Shiow-Ling; Wang, Sheng-Chang; Tsou, Hsiao-Hui; Kuo, Hsiang-Wei; Ho, Ing-Kang; Liu, Sheng-Wen; Hsu, Ya-Ting; Chang, Yao-Sheng; Liu, Yu-Li // PLoS ONE;Jul2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p1
Background and Objectives: Heroin-dependent patients typically contract hepatitis C virus (HCV) at a disproportionately high level due to needle exchange. The liver is the primary target organ of HCV infection and also the main organ responsible for drug metabolism. Methadone maintenance...
- Increased Hepatitis C Virus Load among Injection Drug Users Infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Human T Lymphotropic Virus Type II. Hisada, Michie; Chatterjee, Nilanjan; Mingdong Zhang, Nilanjan; Battjes, Robert J.; Goedert, James J. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;9/15/2003, Vol. 188 Issue 6, p891
Examines an increased hepatitis C virus load among injection drug users infected with human immunodeficiency and T lymphotropic virus type II. Comparison of hepatitis C virus coinfection ribonucleic acid (HCV RNA) detection and load in research subjects; Relation of HVC RNA to sex, race, and...
- Hepatitis C. Alper, Brian S.; Selius, Brian A. // Cortlandt Forum;7/25/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p59
Presents an overview of hepatitis C. Number of people infected by hepatitis C; Etiology of hepatitis C virus; Prognosis of patient with hepatitis C virus infection.
- Community and personal risk factors for hepatitis C virus infection: a survey of 23 820 residents in Taiwan in 1991â€“2. Mei-Hsuan Lee // Gut;May2011, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p688
AIM: The aim of this study was to explore the community-level risk factors, such as high hepatitis C viruse (HCV)-RNA positive rate and limited medical resources in a township, for HCV infection, one major cause of liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. METHODS: This study enrolled 23 820...
- Patterns of Hepatitis C Viremia in Patients Receiving Hemodialysis. Umlauft, Florian; Gruenewald, Kurt; Weiss, Guenter; Kessler, Harald; Urbanek, Martina; Haun, Margot; Santner, Brigitte; Koenig, Paul; Keeffe, Emmet B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1997, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p73
Objectives: Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is common in patients who receive hemodialysis (HD). The aim of this study was to determine the natural history of hepatitis C viremia and the clinical utility of quantitation and genotyping of HCV in this population of patients. Methods:...
- Hepatitis C. // GP: General Practitioner;4/14/2014, p36
The article reports on data published in the "Journal of Viral Hepatitis" in April 2014 on the number of lives to be saved and liver transplants to be prevented in England from tripling diagnosis and treatment rates for hepatitis C, according to the Hepatitis C Trust.