Changes in social inequality with respect to health-related living conditions of 6-year-old children in East Germany after re-unification
- Pollution and accidents biggest killers. // Paediatric Nursing;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p5
Presents a survey reported by the World Health Organization on the factors that contribute to the deaths of children in Europe. Death due to accident; Lead contamination from paint, petrol and pipes.
- Managing the vitamin A program portfolio: A case study of Zambia, 2013-2042. Fiedler, John L.; Lividini, Keith // Food & Nutrition Bulletin;Mar2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p105
Background. Micronutrient deficiencies continue to constitute a major burden of disease, particularly in Africa and South Asia. Programs to address micronutrient deficiencies have been increasing in number, type, and scale in recent years, creating an ever-growing need to understand their...
- Armut im Kontext: Die Gesundheit und das Gesundheitsverhalten von Kindern und Jugendlichen in deprivierten Lebenslagen. Klocke, Andreas // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie der Erziehung & Sozialisation;2006, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p158
The paper aims to investigate the effects of poverty in the context of other socio-economic factors on the health of young people. Database is the 2002 survey ,,Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children - A WHO Cross National Study". In the paper data from Germany is analysed (N = 5.650)....
- Nonjoiners. Dingman, James D. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec2002, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the attitude towards joining a professional association like National Environment Health Association (NEHA) which reflects professional culture. Survey to find out opinion of people about NEHA; Reasons given by NEHA nonmembers about joining the association.
- Prevalence of Smoking in 8 Countries of the Former Soviet Union: Results From the Living Conditions, Lifestyles and Health Study. Gilmore, Anna; Pomerleau, Joceline; McKee, Martin; Rose, Richard; Haerpfer, Christian W.; Rotman, David; Tumanov, Sergej // American Journal of Public Health;Dec2004, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p2177
Objectives. We sought to provide comparative data on smoking habits in countries of the former Soviet Union. Methods. We conducted cross-sectional surveys in 8 former Soviet countries with representative national samples of the population 18 years or older. Results. Smoking rates varied among...
- Health inequalities--the need for explanation and intervention. Lahelma, Eero // European Journal of Public Health;Aug2006, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p339
The author comments on health inequalities in Europe. Among the major explanations for health inequalities include the Black Report artefacts and selection to socio-economic groups. Based on research, material living conditions, income and housing are among the factors that affect health...
- Neighbourhood characteristics, social capital and self-rated health - A population-based survey in Sweden. Lindén-Boström, Margareta; Persson, Carina; Eriksson, Charli // BMC Public Health;2010, Vol. 10, p628
Background: In previous public health surveys large differences in health have been shown between citizens living in different neighbourhoods in the Ã–rebro municipality, which has about 125000 inhabitants. The aim of this study was to investigate the determinants of health with an emphasis...
- Quo vadis child health in South Africa? Wittenberg, D. F. // South African Journal of Child Health;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p122
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the developments on child health in South Africa.
- Staying Healthy Can Be Fun. // Tennessee Tribune;5/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p4B
The article offers information on the health festival at Whitsitt Elementary School in Nashville, Tennessee which discussed health tips for children and parents.